Author Topic: kx 400 queries  (Read 1704 times)

Offline piney

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
kx 400 queries
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:44:47 pm »
Hi to all,been lookin at vmx forum for ages finally and decided to share some thoughts ,i'm an old time dirt track ( short circuit ) as we new it back in the day  racer was never really any good at at motor crosse but love it just the same, currently have a few bikes under restoration and been out Nepean on practice days on the trail bike cuttin some practice laps.I,m trying to finish off my 76kx 400, does anyone out there know whate color the Aussie ones were delivered, when I purchased mine it was all green however under the tank is the lime green not the metalic green i've seen on other 76's.
any info greatly appreciated
      cheers steve

albrid-3

Re: kx 400 queries
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:09:14 pm »
Hello There
Candy apple green is the colour, for kx models ( metalic ) good luck

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:39:55 pm »
Steve,

As far as I'm aware the Oz KX400s had same colour scheme as elsewhere. ie 75 had lime green tank w white guards; 76 had deeper/darker metallic green w black guards. Yrs may have a 75 tank. I believe official Kaw designation for metallic green of 76 was as albrid says above.

The lightening stripe down/along the tank was slightly diff too - 76 was offset under the Kaw lettering.

If you have VMX mag from a few yrs ago w article on 74-76 KX250's you'll see the diff colours & stripes there. (74 was same as 75)

Offline piney

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:04:29 pm »
thank's for your help guys
iv'e been trying to order plastics from nightmare racing think i'll go with the black guards met green tank even though i think the white with lime green looks better
cheers Steve

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:27:40 am »
Hey Piney,

How's your toe mate  :P :P :P

Damo