Author Topic: newbie for the new year  (Read 886 times)

lioncrower

newbie for the new year
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:15:11 am »
hi everyone. was great to stumble on this site whilst searching for parts for my Honda elsinore. i grew up racing mini bikes in sa and dad was racing scrambles and president of one of the clubs back then. had a fantastic childhood growing up around dirt bikes and now that i am "all grown up" i am trying to get back into the scene again. last year i purchased a cr125m honda elsinore on the same day i bought a current model crf230f. my partner at the time thought i was mad and he said i should look around first, but i had been looking for the bike my dad used to race for a while, and there it was hidden down the back of a bike shop! i have got it running and had one day of riding her. very very loud. love it but will have to sort that out, freaks the neighbours out. have ordered a carbie rebuild kit as that seems to be the main problem according to my mate who loves 2 strokes. And i can touch the ground on her....nearly flat foot. (iam a shortie and some of these bikes are so high.) long story short i sold my crf to get a cr150r , heaps lighter and faster and better for jumping etc but have not got her yet. soon i hope. anyway look forward to making new friends this year, going away camping and riding, and getting back into the dirt bike life. cheers :)

leonrekrah

Re: newbie for the new year
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:28:57 pm »
Welcome to the site, I,m only new here as well,but glad that the memory of fun times past has got you back into the dirty fun we all enjoy....Had some good racing against those CR125,s in the GOD series{good old days}