Author Topic: Montesa I am not spose to have  (Read 1506 times)

runutz698

Montesa I am not spose to have
« on: December 24, 2008, 01:18:24 pm »
Hey guys the bike goes great I rode it up and down my street 2wice, before noticing the front sproket nut was missing(fell of whilst riding) and only just hanging on, I begining to think that I am not spose to have this bike.

I have cracked the shits with it today and put it in the corner, Not even fully run in just been threw it's run cycles.

New pistion carby(Mik have Bing aswell) rod big end little end all new case bearings, new seat cover, new plastics, new air filter, new rear shocks, Factory corta coso's(need rebuild). New powder coating new chrome on bars, 2 x Tanks new decals, new crash pad new sprocket, new chain Ect. I am sure there are things I have missed that are new.

Everything is pretty much new and I am thinking about selling it so if you are intrested let me know. If not may give it a break and start next year. All Parts were supplied by Jared and John Rock moutain. Huskyparts also supplied coil. I have spent $$ and Time on this bike.

I also have boxes of spares, spare swingarm, Carby tensinors all sorts.

So if you are keen PM me if not I will just leave it in the corner till I calm down a bit and start it again later next year.

Tom

mx250

Re: Montesa I am not spose to have
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:41:28 pm »
Sorry to hear of your frustrations Nutz. A bit of Christmas cheer and R&R for you, a bit of Locktite and 'two clicks of the elbow' for the Monty and it will be as good as new ;), and you'll be ready for a Happy New Year ;D ,

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:43:38 pm »
Don't give up yet!  58 ft lbs of torque and a little locktite,
and you will be all set.  Go around some turns and then see
if you feel the same way...

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 06:11:51 pm »
rode it up and down my street 2wice, before noticing the front sproket nut was missing(fell of whilst riding) and only just hanging on,

Have you thought about welding it on?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 06:44:02 pm »
Don't give up just yet!!  Have a cup of tea & a Bex, you'll be fine.  They are one of the best made bikes around for their era, great motor, and very forgiving handling.  But they are European, so need regular maintenance, gallons of loctite, and a good contact at the nearest hardware store that keeps Nyloc nuts at a reasonable price.
And whatever you do, don't say bad things where it can hear you, or next time you'll kick your guts out until it feels sorry for you and starts up.

runutz698

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 08:11:05 pm »
I am a bit better now but boy I was pissed after the amount of things I have had to do to get it going. I was like woo hoo the this morning when I got it running after doing 2 heat and cool cycles. Couldn't wait any longer so took it for a gentle spin up and down the road. All I can say is the power band is awsome and comes on so quick I wasn't expecting that.

I thought that once these bikes were sorted they were a good soild bike??

I am also wondering the gear shift seemed like it had quiet a bit of throw to get between gears is that normal?? i.e it was a long way up to get it into second.

Tom