Author Topic: Steve McQueen Special 10 Pm tonight on SBS Melbourne  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Steve McQueen Special 10 Pm tonight on SBS Melbourne
« on: December 23, 2008, 08:24:55 pm »
Steve McQueen Special 10 Pm tonight on SBS Melbourne
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Steve McQueen Special 10 Pm tonight on SBS Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:38:10 pm »
It's a repeat, but well worth a look. Dispels a few myths, and reveals a few surprising truths, in all a well-balanced, broad view of a complex character, not to be missed.. 8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 11:05:03 am »
i had a look it was great .gee he made a lot of movies.he was one of the best .a man of my own heart living in a shed with all his toys.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:07:16 am by PERM250 »

firko

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 11:17:10 am »
McQueen was so cool we would have accepted him in Klub Kevlar.  8)
Did you spot the brief glimpses of him on his Husky and Metisse in the doco?

mx250

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 11:44:57 am »
i had a look it was great .gee he made a lot of movies.he was one of the best .a man of my own heart living in a shed with all his toys.
Hey what about Barbara "We could open the doors, lie in bed and watch all the planes go by" 8). Now is that a cool understanding woman or what 8). (Actually, looking at the doco I think Steve was lucky enough to get hooked up with three very cool women ;D).

The doco didn't develop the theme of his touch of the 'common man'. One of his more endearing characteristics was his long term and extremely loyal friendships with ordinary fork like the stunt men, Malcolm Smith etc., and his racing as Harvey Doboby (or wharever name). I generally don't like the complex and contradictory characters that typify Hollywood but Steve was a standout and a worthy legend ;) 8) :).

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 12:49:17 pm »
yep, Steve was so cool he pissed "Ice Cubes"
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

firko

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 05:36:19 pm »
and his racing as Harvey Doboby
Harvey Mushman.
I have to agree with McQueens choice in women. All three of them were stunners. Neile, his first wife came accross as a real sweetie and still looks hot and she'd have to be easily in her late 60's. Last nights doco showed that McQueen could be a right arsehole in the best Hollywood tradition but I reckon he would have posessed a finely tuned wanker radar which shows by his upsetting his fellow actor types and directors but being a "good buddy" to Bud Ekins and the car and bike mates. Our American mate Marsh Runyon who raced his Harley at the '92 Ravenswood Nats rode desert with Ekins and McQueen and he told us that McQueen was a "guys guy" who loved a beer, a root and racing bikes. Like Hoony said...he pissed icecubes! Too cool.

I got my new Siege t shirt and it's for the 'Steve McQueen Memorial Vintage Motocross" in Eugene, Oregon.

TooFastTim

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 08:13:51 pm »
The bird in the pic is 60???

Merry christmas all.