Author Topic: Main bearings, seals and rebuild stuff etc  (Read 933 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Main bearings, seals and rebuild stuff etc
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »
Hey i know we had a debate on main bearings in the suzuki thread about which bearings so im gonna cover it again here.

I need to rebuild about 3 x250 yamaha's Mx/dt bottom ends, do i really need GEnuine crank mains or can subs do the job in the superior Yam motor  ;D    i will clean and reuse the rods but will also need a big end but will go GEnuine on that one for sure Just in case

with seals, i think i got left hand crank but no right sides.

So question is
Will Subs work  ??
And who sells cheap genuine or subs and where can i get me some ????
bearings and seals
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:56:41 AM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

YSS

Re: Main bearings, seals and rebuild stuff etc
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 01:19:22 PM »
Try Yamaha Pitmans in Adelaide , they have it .

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »
YEs i know brenton can get me the gens in at a price i did a YDCnet search and the bits are out there, but im asking is there Cheaper sub substitues out there and /or should crank bearing need to be Gen or is a bearing a bearing.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

lms6201

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:40:23 PM »
i,ve used off the shelf mains in one of my 490,s , they actually have the same #as the oem ,BUT one big thing to watch is the radius on the crank where they butt up to , measure the distance to the end of the crank before removing the oldies , then check if u have the same after u fit the newies , (the off the shelf bearings had less chamfer than the oem , on the flywheel side i have used std oil seals , one facing in one facing out , as there was a bit of room , (i couldn,t get the oem ones in time ),  on the primary side oem , all the bully,s i have , have over the counter main bearings , sometimes come as sealed units , remove the seals