Author Topic: Wasp Triumph for sale.  (Read 4650 times)

firko

Wasp Triumph for sale.
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:22:02 pm »
On behalf of a friend I'm posting this project pre'65/70 Wasp Triumph 500. The frame kit is brand new and one of only 10 replica Wasps made by the original constructor, Robin Rhind-Tutt. The engine is a unit construction Triumph 500 that was previously owned by me and has done zero work since a big dollar full rebuild by guru Frank Stanborough. The unobtainium 41mm Rickman forks have been fully rebuilt at a cost of nearly $1000 which included new billet fork caps and new dampeners. The hubs are extremely rare Magnesium 7" Rickman hubs from a my Mk4 Metisse. These hubs go for thousands of dollars when they rarely come up for sale. The bike is ready to assemble with the only extra money to spend would be to purchase some rims and rebuild the wheels and a few minor bits and bobs. The kit is absolutely complete and all parts are in either new or reconditioned condition (except the formentioned wheels). The owner has far more than the $7000 he's asking invested in the bike. The engine cost me near $4000 before I sold it and the kit is around 6k. Add 3k forks and hubs and you'll see that this is quite a bargain. Believe me, pre 65 bikes aren't cheap to build but this one gives you a good foot in the door for nearly half of what it's worth. 

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Wasp Triumph for sale.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:30:44 am »
Firko, I reckon I'll take it.    PM sent.

firko

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:43:23 pm »
SOLD  The Wasp is on its way to W.A. I think T250K will be a happy boy when he sees it.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:58:47 pm »
Great News,hope we see it on a track someday.  :P

I had to read it twice and think a bit, as it had no chair and no third wheel.  ;D
Was the Wasp solo as popular as the sidecars I hear/see all the time. ?
Or maybe I'm in a world of chairs only.
cheers
Alison
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 10:12:58 pm »
Solo Wasps are very rare. They only made them for a short time back in the day and Robin Rhind-Tutt, the original manufacturer only made 10 replicas, two of which are in Austalia. The other has a B44 engine in it and lives in Queensland.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:30:32 pm »
Nice to find under the Christmas tree then. :o  :-*
cheers
Best is in the West !!

YSS

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 11:04:13 pm »
Then the other one should be my Wasp  with the Yamaha init, I would think .

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 06:40:20 am »
A good mate of mine has one of the originals from 1964. This runs a unit 500 twin motor. He has used it for VMX, trail riding, and even sidecar trials.
If I can find a picture I will post it.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline big mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 08:23:45 am »
I hear that the BSA wasp in QLD may be up for sale it is a good looking bit of kit with the full 500 motor that has never been used in anger.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 12:11:52 pm »
SOLD  The Wasp is on its way to W.A. I think T250K will be a happy boy when he sees it.

nice buy, Santa came bloody early this year..... I just told my kids they were not getting an Xbox 360 due to the financial crisis this year... frantically raising funds  ;D, so didn't get the Wasp finally but saved myself $500  ;D.
formerly Marc.com