Author Topic: yz125e piston?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
yz125e piston?
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:41:54 pm »
Gday guys, Maybe someone can help, I have a 125e when i recently pulled the barrlel off i noted that it had a piston with 537 marked on it ie yz125c. does anyone know if this piston would be responsible for the bike having very little low rpm torque/  power or is it typical for this model as i have ridden other models which seem to have better low rpm power. maybe the skirt has changed the port timing
Cheers in advance for your opinions
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: yz125e piston?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:15 pm »
yz125 a-g pistons are interchangeable the only thing that changed was weather it was a double or single ring according to wiseco they make the one piston to fit a-g
MUGEN power

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:32:26 pm »
What Caps said.
Yamaha forever fiddled with ring numbers and widths, which accounts for the different part numbers of the genuine pistons - but they're all basically the same as each other.

Is your ignition timing right? I've just re-discovered a shit load of bottom end power by resetting the timing on my C - you wouldn't believe that it was the same bike, and it didn't feel particularly bad before.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:47:53 pm »
Will check the timing nathan - thanks
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...