Author Topic: Pre 75/78 Register  (Read 1244 times)

Rosco400

Pre 75/78 Register
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:12:06 am »
A while back there was talk of getting a Pre 75/78 Register happening, does anyone know if this happened to go ahead, has any of the states got such a register or was it to be a national register. I think originally, Les Richters and Firko were trying but IT probs on Les's website made it fall over. Would be nice to see if someone had the time to run with it ;)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 75/78 Register
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:10:10 am »
A while back there was talk of getting a Pre 75/78 Register happening, does anyone know if this happened to go ahead, has any of the states got such a register or was it to be a national register. I think originally, Les Richters and Firko were trying but IT probs on Les's website made it fall over. Would be nice to see if someone had the time to run with it ;)
on the subject of pre 75 i am interested on comments /input on the subject of classic criteria for sliders.while i agree with the '75 cut -off eliminating xt500s as logical, i am concerned about the ludicrus "no ohc or four valve" mentality.the simple fact is the twin cam jap like dennis kings was on the scene about 1969! add to that the locals who started making slider frames as soon as the real thing appeared out here.these specials could have [and were] fitted with all sorts of currently available engines.i feel that for championship events the pre '75 class for sliders should be just that. the next question would be -what defines a slider frame? comments please...cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

husky61

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 11:57:49 am »
I wouldnt mind having a go at it.

I will talk with Les and see whats involved.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:28:45 pm »
least if ya wheels get nicked there could be a serial number somewhere to track it down perhaps.   Must admit im guilty of not writing down frame or engine numbers - quite silly really how else could you prove its yours or get the word out not to buy it unsuspectingly. 

might be a xmas project for me i thinks..... :-X
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:31:07 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:49:55 pm »
Les and I had it all set up, ready to go when the dreaded IT problem popped its ugly head up. Since then, business and family pressures have prevented us continuing the project. I'm heading up to Les's next week and while I'm there we'll have a chat about rejuvenating the register.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:32:09 pm by firko »