Author Topic: would anyone be near Sydney, Liverpool to be more precise?  (Read 1461 times)

Doc

would anyone be near Sydney, Liverpool to be more precise?
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:28:47 pm »
Been thinking and I really could do something with it so I've had a stab on that '69 TS250 motor....but....it's in Liverpool, Sydney :-\ If I can't arrange collection pronto is anyone close by with a strang back that may do me a huge favour of collecting this motor so the seller doesn't start jumping up and down at me too much. Can supply beer money for trouble and freight from syd to bris I should be able to arrange through a friend. Cheers

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: would anyone be near Sydney, Liverpool to be more precise?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:32:31 pm »
i think mx is up that way
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Doc

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:38:45 pm »
MX as in Graeme? MX250? it's not urgent yet as I doubt I'll win it anyway, 'tis just a backup in case the extrordinary happens ;) Freaky I haven't checked those fatty RM footpegs on the TM250 yet but from all appearances they'll fit if you drill out the pin ala TM125.

magoo

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 09:49:50 pm »
We've gotto stop meeting like this Doc. Liverpool is 15mins from my place and about 5 mins from where I do heaps of work so I'm happy to pick it up for you.

mx250

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 10:45:28 pm »
We've gotto stop meeting like this Doc. Liverpool is 15mins from my place and about 5 mins from where I do heaps of work so I'm happy to pick it up for you.
I'm at Campbelltown and so 'in range' and happy to help out. So, between Magoo and me we should get the job done ;). Now get your act together Doc and win the deal ;D.

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:33:27 am »
Magoo,

Tell the truth!! This can't be true!!  "...where I do heaps of work..."
Cough! Splutter! i nearly choked on my crib when i read this!!

ozktm
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC

magoo

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 08:47:56 am »
You've got me Goolies. Where I go to loiter on company premises might be a more accurate description.

Doc

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 10:59:38 am »
 :D jeez how I miss the rgular old 9 to 5. I used to go to work for the specific reason of making foreign orders for me and my projects and whoever else wanted anything shaped from steel and aluminium..we even had the special steels such as hiten chrome bar ideal for shock rebuilding but I wasn't into resto-ing then and simply bought replacements. I really do miss that place but times change and I doubt I'd be able to hack oll the workplace health and safety, anti discrimation and regimented routine bullshit. Hence I work for me and I'm more often than not..poor :D ya get that! Rich in other ways though so it's a trade off ;) Thanks for the help anyway ppls now all I have to do is strike it lucky and win the old bugger..I really really need the carb more than anything but I certainly wouldn't mind the spares ;) well see how it goes tonight...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:04:14 am by Doc »

firko

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 05:07:06 pm »
Doc....I know I'm a tad late offering my services but if Magoo can't get your engine for you I'd be glad to help out. It's not that far from Hacienda del Firko via a very short freeway cruise. Good luck with it matey.

Doc

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 06:16:39 pm »
 :D the Hacienda del Firko eh! rolls off the tongue nicely. The Hacienda Hotel here in wet miserable brisvegas was once quite reknowned as a..ummm..trying to be politically correct here..thinking thinking..it was a poofs bar! When I was a kid I was scared to even walk past becuase I thought I might get raped :o Weird story I know and probably too much information but it's true, it's still the Hacienda but I dunno what sort of pub it is these days..maybe this is why I don't drink..brings back the memory of the old saying 'backs to the wall!' ::) :D anyway enough dribble, thanks Mark, will have another punt on the TS boat anchor at the final bell if it doesn't go all pear shaped in the meantime :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:23:51 pm by Doc »

Doc

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 11:03:51 pm »
done and dusted and I didn't win so no collection neccessary thanks to all who offered. The carb would have been nice but a carb is a carb is a carb. I have a 32mm RM125 Mike Hoony but it means I have to rejet..not as quick and easy as a bolt on item and made more difficult by a lack of decent local test site. Same ol' same ol'  :)