Author Topic: retro engine swap.. Beezuki  (Read 2321 times)

felix7

Re: retro engine swap.. Beezuki
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:18:57 PM »
... and on the subject of off-the-wall concepts, do you remember the loose cannon idea proposed here a while back to have a 125cc 4-stroke and 100cc 2-stroke VMX category? Seemed like a good idea to me but since it was proposed, I can't find a decent SL/XL 125cc thumpette for love nor money (well, perhaps more money that I've got).
Anyone remember if this idea was a goer?

:o

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »
Nlce conversion job,I'd be wackin a bit of black on the frame though  :-\

firko

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »

... and on the subject of off-the-wall concepts, do you remember the loose cannon idea proposed here a while back to have a 125cc 4-stroke and 100cc 2-stroke VMX category? Seemed like a good idea to me but since it was proposed, I can't find a decent SL/XL 125cc thumpette for love nor money (well, perhaps more money that I've got).
Anyone remember if this idea was a goer?

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=3350.225

Doc

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 07:58:45 AM »
hmmm..no matter what angle I look at the ebay bikes from I just can't begin to like it...at all :-\ A big waste of a Beeza motor and I'd reckon the old RM with the extra weight thrown forward and up would be a bit of a handful. Maybe the owner is colour blind..I thought I was a little weird and each to their own I guess but that hybrid simply a waste in my eyes ;) 

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 09:12:07 AM »
Couldn't agree more, D.

Just can't see the logic/sense in that combo.

firko

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 09:03:07 AM »
If you reckon that RM Beeza is an atrocity, what do you reckon about this baby? WAs Frank Veradi's '82 Maico/B44 BSA.

Doc

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »
mmmm..ditto to what I said above Firko, I can't begin to like any part of it..in all honesty I'd rather see that motor sitting on a shelf for the duration before I'd even consider stuffing it somewhere it doesn't belong. Would it be rude to say it almost makes me cranky? cause it kinda does ::) cranky old bugger I am obviously :-*

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
wow, mid 70s frame and suspension and outdated BSA engine, and if it had CCM on the tank we would all be gushing over the wonder of it all.  ;D

his mistake was in the finishing, alloy tank and chrome frame and it would sell like hotcakes.
formerly Marc.com

maicopunk

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »
Unfortunately there won't be a repeat of that DR / IT pipe.  I saw it under construction in the late Peter Worrall's garage in 2001.

If you've seen any of his pipes you will recognise the nice smooth cones and welds.