Author Topic: NEWCASTLE-ADELAIDE/ADELAIDE-NEWCASTLE  (Read 2326 times)

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
NEWCASTLE-ADELAIDE/ADELAIDE-NEWCASTLE
« on: November 10, 2008, 01:54:00 pm »
Fellas, I am planning a road trip from Newcastle to Adelaide (return) around the end of November. I am planning to travel thru Sydney, and then via West Wyalong and the Hay plain into the Barossa arriving into Adelaide northern suburbs. The return trip will be the same. I have a ute and would consider taking my trailer if there is anyone who requires bike or parts transported. Naturally I will need to take breaks en-route so security of your belongings is not guaranteed (all care taken of course). However if there are any members who can put me up for the night around the West Wyalong or Hay areas at a private residence (or at least secure parking) then all the better security-wise. I know from experience what an expense transporting that EBAY bargain can be, so hopefully my offer will help someone out?
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

YSS

Re: NEWCASTLE-ADELAIDE/ADELAIDE-NEWCASTLE
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:20:57 pm »
Would you have room for 100kg  from Adelaide to Medowie ? Accomodation no problem. Cheers Walter

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:52:10 pm »
maybe, 100kg of what though? :D :D :D
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

YSS

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:21:36 pm »
maybe, 100kg of what though? :D :D :D

Just did not click till now.  :D.  No its some parts for Mainly Maico  8)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:28:19 pm »
Quicky give him that TM tank and stuff .......
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 07:22:17 am »
No worries with that load to Medowie, I'ts practically on my route ( Ferodale Rd, Medowie ). PM me with contact numbers and addresses etc (for the Adelaide end). As i said, I will take a trailer if need be, so first in best dressed. So far I have 100kgs and possibly a detour to Victoria (where in Vic Paul?) on the way back and maybe a fuel tank and parts from Quicky to SA, so far I still have plenty of space for the NSW to ADL leg.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:54:00 am »
What about canberra ? any chance your dropping down there on route and pick up the DT250 that GregACT is selling on ebay and bring to SA ?
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 09:50:34 am »
I could go via Wagga Wagga, if GregACT is willing to meet me at say Goulburn on the HWY so I dont need to detour too far off the beaten track that could work Freaky (Where abouts in Adelaide are you?). I could swing by Ballarat ( I have friends there anyhow ) how big is your pile of stuff Paul? more than an XF ute load minus 100kg of Maico stuff?

YSS

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:11 am »
Hi Jason , can you please ring  Les  at Mainly Maico . cheers Walter

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 12:22:33 pm »
dont worry im going tomorrow to get it my self

YSS

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 12:44:26 pm »
Paul its not your gear . Its some gear that needs to go from Les to GMC

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 12:49:28 pm »
i understand that im comeing tomorrow for the other stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 12:46:24 pm »
I could go via Wagga Wagga, if GregACT is willing to meet me at say Goulburn on the HWY so I dont need to detour too far off the beaten track that could work Freaky (Where abouts in Adelaide are you?). I could swing by Ballarat ( I have friends there anyhow ) how big is your pile of stuff Paul? more than an XF ute load minus 100kg of Maico stuff?

what about YAss ? Nathan might be a player in the game for us.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 12:34:03 pm »
Yass is on the way, I can do Yass if you want me to pickup your DT Freaky.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 02:23:10 pm »
anitn mine its gregs and its up to nat if he can take it home and up to greg if i win it on ebay.  Would those planets align do you think ?  Nat are you out there ? Phone home.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's