Author Topic: New member  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Big John

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:31:47 am »
Hi My kids are growing up I've got a bit more spare time so I thought i would get back into motorbikes. So I started to look on Ebay the old yz/ cr all seemded to be on the pricy side then up came a Montesa a little reserch and a few bids and it was mine. The the fun started 2 years later many hours work and hundreds of hours on the internet, she goes, it dos'nt stop or handle very well.
   Talking to a work mate about bikes he said his father had a old Ossa in the shed. So I had a look I took my wife along all she could do was shake her head as I loaded the ossa onto the trailer. Here we go again tring to find parts for a bike that it's maker want out of buisness nearly 30 years ago. 

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:13:21 am »
Welcome Big John.  Interesting - second new member in a row who's gotten back into old trials bikes (see 'Denis' from the States....also a Monty owner) as to those who prefer their bumps at a faster rate of knots.  What did you ride 'back then'?  Where do you live?  What does partner think about your new 'hobby'? (discretionary question).  How did the bod fare after first time back on the bike after XX years?

Denis

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 10:21:55 am »
Welcome aboard. Monty owners are coming out of the woodwork! Which bike did you get?

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 10:58:00 am »
Thank god, another member with some class & good taste - & my 2 favourite brands.  What models did you get, and some before & after photos as the project progresses please.
Mike

Offline Big John

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 12:09:35 pm »
Hi I got a 1974 Montesa enduro and a 1975 Ossa Pioneer SDR the Ossa still has a bit to go before she is going again. all good things take time. Back in the day I had A CR 125rd YZ250k and a KTM 250gs they where the main bikes, but growing up on a farm and starting riding when I was about 7 I had many others ranging from Z50 to xr 500. The first few ride I have had lately I found musles that where sore that I did'nt even know existed. I also have got a 1992 Yamaha WR 250.

Denis

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 01:51:34 am »
Yeah, I've discovered riding my Cota that going slow does not mean that it's easy!