Author Topic: New from the Desert  (Read 1564 times)

AZ_Brad

New from the Desert
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:49:34 am »
Hello All,
I found your forum from here in Phoenix, AZ.  Are Yankees allowed?  :D  Anyway, I am attempting to get involve in Vintage with my 1972 RT in RT2MX dress.  I also have a DT1 and a DT400, but they are Enduros.  I currently race Hare Scrambles on a KX250 here in Arizona.  Great forum!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:32:51 am by AZ_Brad »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: New from the Desert
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:30:24 am »
Welcome desert dweller (a great place to ride enduros or any event)
Lots of ideas/pics and hints on this forum, for all folks from around the VMX globe. 8)
cheers Western Australia
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:39:32 am »
Yeah, even Yanks are allowed ;) 8). We have very loose standards around here otherwise two thirds would be excluded ::). So long as you are into old Dirt bikes; if ya ride 'em, race 'em, fix 'em, restore 'em, crash 'em, even if can remember 'em, barely, if you can tell outragous lies about 'em, or certified insane, or even if you are just blokie enough to enjoy a beer and tell dirty jokes (no pun intended :), much ;D) you'll fit right in.   

Welcome ;D.

Actually you show a lot of class owning and riding RT's ;D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:58:18 pm »
Yep no problems all dirty types welcome here hey we even allow females......................  ;D Cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:55:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum; but pls be aware we have an Aussie called Brad on board - and he cops a bit of flak.
We won't taunt the piss outta you til we know you better... ;)

What model KX do you have?
I had the A4 when they were new. Rare then, even rarer now.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

AZ_Brad

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 11:25:45 am »
I appreciate that!  My KX250 is a 1997.  (even my modern bikes are vintage!)  I bought one that was beat up and another one as a parts bike.  I put them together and presto!  I love having extra radiators, rims and such on a shelf!