Author Topic: VSX ?  (Read 849 times)

YSS

VSX ?
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:01:22 am »
In the last few months a new trend has emerged to us ,as a suspension manufacturer.
Especially from the NSW area. All the old settings and springrates ( proven by many previos champions)
are becoming inadequate . Everything needs to be harder and harder to stop people from destroying forks and shocks as they use them on modern tracks (4 inch suspension in 24 inch holes).
We now gone as far as making a VMX setting for grasstracks and scrambles and a VSX setting for people that choose to run their classics with the moderns . There was no other way, but it should tell us something ;)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: VSX ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:42:57 am »
It's also possibly a sign that riders are pushing harder. I am no great long time vintage racer, but in the 10 years I've been doing it I've noticed the standard of both bike presentation, and rider skills/aggression, go up considerably. When I first rode early HEAVEN meets, there were a sprinkling of fast guys and everyone else was pretty much pottering around (which is a worry as even then I couldn't keep up!).

But as you say, in NSW it reflects the tracks too - Canberra, Kembla, maybe even Glenbawn, which are the usual tracks raced and which have plenty of jumps and stuff. I find my '75 RM, even with top quality YSS suspension, is still a handfull at Canberra. And it hurts landing off some of those jumps!

I look at all those pics of lush green paddocks in Victoria, WA, and NZ, with a lot of envy...

eno

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 12:28:22 pm »
My machines suspension is set a little on the mushy side.  ;)

From what you describe I'd expect to see some fracturing hubs & spokes.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 05:51:36 pm »
No change here ,,,.still useless and rooted......... ;) then there is the bikes suspension......
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.