Author Topic: VMX Issue #35 is nearly here...  (Read 8581 times)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMX Issue #35 is nearly here...
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2008, 08:31:02 pm »
Is the VMX mag an Aussie magazine? I just had a flick through the new one and there didn't seem to be much on the Tassie nats? Maybe i better double check incase i missed a page or 2.  :-\
Maico's, the only way to go.

Mark Austin

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 10:16:45 am »
Check pages 32 to 39, I think that qualifies as coverage...
Cheers,
Mark
http://

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 11:20:12 am »
 >:( the beer has just run out but I have read from cover to cover, twice  ;D and I can't wait for the next instalment with the OW13 The fridge will have to be restocked otherwise it will be top shelf drinking but that gets a bit tough seeing the words in double.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 12:07:40 pm »
Well done guys, with all due resect to Ray, I believe it is the best issue ever, you have raised the bar and it has got to be recognised as the worlds number one VMX mag.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 08:22:33 pm »
OK - Now stop it you guys !!!

After buying VMX since the issue #1 hit the stands way back when I have pored over the content, dreamed the dreams and enjoyed every word and picture (well nearly every word and picture, lol)

I have urged soooooooo many people at the modern MX meetings to seek out THE BEST VINTAGE MX MAG IN THE WORLD and shock, horror and damnation - allowed my subscription to lapse !!!

In penance I now sit forlornly staring at piles of Maico parts seeking some solace but nothing replaces the joy of each new issue arriving in the white padded bag, carefully ??? placed in the mailbox by my thoughtful postie (I'm going to knock him off his f%$#&@ Honda if he creases another issue !!!

Oh well nothing for it but do the povo thing in the morning and stride purposefully towards the local newsagents with one thing in mind - yep you guessed it, buy a copy of Rugby League Week just to make sure the damn football is over for another year !!!

One subscription coming up  ;)

See some of you at Clarence - I have this funny piece of plastic that MANSW says will let me race so I might just try it out !!!

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

miniwheels

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 09:01:11 pm »
Hay Ajay, good point brought up by the thread above from maicomc490t, I too have every issue of your great mag but since I have been a subscriber since about issue 20 the bloody mailman rolls up creases my beloved VMX magazine and shoves it in the mailbox with no respect it deserves, is there any chance that you could put "DO NOT BEND " on the padded envelopes for us subscribers in the future.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2008, 09:32:52 pm »
Guys, thank you all for the (mostly) nice words.

Probably a good time and place to give credit where it's due.  ;)

While VMX is a collaboration of many people, Ken is the one who is piloting the ship editorially, and really should take most of the credit for the ability to find the stories and blend them into an interesting mix each issue.  8)

Also, Jeff performs his artistic magic each quarter, putting up with sometimes indifferent photography and strives to produce a magazine that is artistically not matched by many (if any) dirt bike mags.  His input is vital on how the magazine looks and reads.   :)

I have to agree with E74, this is a good issue.  I was lucky enough to get it all to myself last Thursday - the only person to have a copy in my hands (and yes, I read it just like everyone else) before it was mailed out the next day... ;)

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2008, 09:37:43 pm »
Hay Ajay, good point brought up by the thread above from maicomc490t, I too have every issue of your great mag but since I have been a subscriber since about issue 20 the bloody mailman rolls up creases my beloved VMX magazine and shoves it in the mailbox with no respect it deserves, is there any chance that you could put "DO NOT BEND " on the padded envelopes for us subscribers in the future.

Unfortunately, not possible at this stage.  :(

All we can suggest is postman education (like get him to just put it next to your mailbox, or even maybe a bigger mailbox...  ::)

Indeed, even it is were possible, I suspect a few posties may take the "Do Not Bend" as a challenge to see what damage they could do...
 ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2008, 09:45:18 pm »
when i buy old copies from ebay  they useally come with a piece off thick  cardboard each side so they dont get damaged

Tony T

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2008, 08:49:31 am »
Ray used to post my copies with Do Not Bend on it. And my post office would put a card in my box telling me to come in to pick up like any other parcel.
But by the sound of it, my P.O. might be the exception to the rule.  :D

husky61

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2008, 10:07:23 am »
The large weather proof letter box works for us everytime.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2008, 08:55:28 am »
I think there might be an opportunity in the VMX marketplace for an 'Executive Subscription Service'.

It would be a service where all issues are hand delivered to the subscribers door by an Ex World MX Trophy Girl [not Firko in his ManKini]. We will work on the price and get back to you guys!!!

Don't worry, it is all part of the VMX service.
If you are interested, email Ajay directly.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2008, 08:34:12 pm »
It would be a service where all issues are hand delivered to the subscribers door by an Ex World MX Trophy Girl [not Firko in his ManKini]. We will work on the price and get back to you guys!!!
How 'Ex' are we talkin'?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »
Check pages 32 to 39, I think that qualifies as coverage...
Cheers,
Mark
http://

Roger that!  8) Cheers mate..
Top job and a Fuggin good mag  :)
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2008, 11:20:08 pm »