Author Topic: NZ VMX Champs Rnd 2  (Read 2546 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
NZ VMX Champs Rnd 2
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:04:47 pm »
We have just had the second round on the NZ VMX Champs and it was a cracking day. The racing couldnt have got any closer. The track was bloodly nice to ride, the sun was shinning, what more can you ask for.

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

oldfart

Re: NZ VMX Champs Rnd 2
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:23:13 pm »
Dj  are you blokes running a better grade of fuel over your side the ditch , as they seem to like the mono starts  ;D
Bill    that look says it all mate
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:35:49 pm by oldfart »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:52:49 pm »
Oldfart, it could be the fuel, but I think the dirt helps!! ;)  ;D and Bill made a good pit-bitch with his pit-board, and no matter what insulting thing he wrote on it still couldnt wipe the smile off anyones face because we all new what he was missing. ;)  ;D

Cant wait until the third round but before that we are running a charity meeting on the 1st November and Roger Decoster will be there. ps See you at the airport Brad  ;D

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:03:37 pm »
looks good DJ, love them open grassy paddocks!
looks like some of our aussie dust made it's way over to EnZed...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:20:09 pm by vandy010 »
"flat bickie"

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 07:14:32 pm »
Vandy, the dust was made by Bill dragging his crutches around because he couldnt ride.

Can anyone name the rider walking in the foreground of one of the photos, I wish I could ride half as fast as he can, but I'm not even in the same paddock, his lap times are recorded with a stop watch where as mine are with a sun dial. (sorry Bill, but I had to use your saying).

Another wheelie

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 07:35:07 pm »
How lucky you are to have such an awesome track to race on, I just got back from a disappointing meet at Beverly W.A where the local club had modified what was a technical but generally vintage friendly track into a modern bike track with 10 nasty VERY high table-top jumps. My kees gave me so many twinges in just two laps of practise I had to quit for the day and ice up my right knee so I could drive home. See the pic for one of the smaller  :o :o jumps.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 07:44:14 pm »
Nice one DJ, great photos. Hopefully the weather will be as kind for me. Counting the days mate, im keen as mustard!

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 07:56:07 pm »
Lucky Lucky bastards ;)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 08:13:29 pm »
Only three countries I do most wish to visit. New Zealand way out in front and looking at the photos of the tracks we see so much more so now. USA and Thailand are the others .But seeing the way the Aussie and  Kiwi $ are being manipulated I see the latter two falling of the board swiftly.   agree completely  with KB171  "Lucky Lucky bastards" Cheers Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:03:01 am »
thailand....lots of grass tracks over there to cutt..... ;D
Only three countries I do most wish to visit. New Zealand way out in front and looking at the photos of the tracks we see so much more so now. USA and Thailand are the others .But seeing the way the Aussie and  Kiwi $ are being manipulated I see the latter two falling of the board swiftly.   agree completely  with KB171  "Lucky Lucky bastards" Cheers Tim

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 08:39:24 pm »
Let me explain something about our tracks that we do get to ride on. They are not man-made, nor are they rarely used twice. We are very lucky to have some motorbike friendly farmers who dont mind us ripping up a paddock usually before they plow it up for cropping. At times the land can be flat, or has just been harvested. Dry conditions can mean the dust can be a problem, as there isnt watering services available. But on the other side of the coin, some paddocks that farmers allow us the use of can be hilly lust green paddocks. Its just what is avialable in the area and the time of the year. Since the NZ VMX champs have been running we have use appoximately 25 different tracks and of those we have used 3 tracks twice and the final round of each series has use the same track 3 times. So the track variation can be like night and day. But it does add to the flavour of the racing.

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 08:48:17 pm »
What fantastic country side DJ, those hills in the back ground are awesome, if only that was here in the land of OZ ;D ;D ;D

Keep Smiling :)
Jackiemac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 12:13:08 am »
What fantastic country side DJ, those hills in the back ground are awesome, if only that was here in the land of OZ ;D ;D ;D
Let's not forget Rocksberg in Queensland.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 12:14:47 am »
A nice hilly piece of OZ. ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"