Author Topic: Top Aus VMX event.  (Read 1621 times)

Expat

Top Aus VMX event.
« on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:49 pm »
What would be the #1 Aus VMX event to attend for a visiting foreign rider?

Track layout, atmosphere, competition and attendance numbers.

STW996

Re: Top Aus VMX event.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:07:25 pm »
Nationals

Next year at Conondale, the premier grass track in the country ;D ;D

magoo

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:35:41 pm »
I'd reckon you're on the money there Shaney boy. If you want to race Expat, Conondale Nationals, but if you want to ride, drink beer and have a great laid back time, Classic Dirt, again at Conondale.

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:13:11 am »
Expat in my experience i would suggest Classic dirt , Connondale is a fantastic venue better than a lot of the tracks we race on  :)
At CD 6 you will get a shit load of riding and meet some good like minded people at probably the best VMX event this side of the world.

The Nats are also being held at Connondale so again awesome track and a great organising club with top people and good if some what short racing.
The down side of the Nats for me is cost (licencing & insurance & entry fees ) these alone cost more than the airfare,and unless things have changed you will only get three races of three or four laps per class or bike. If you only have one bike its a lot of down time between races, luckily for me at the Coffs nats Dodgee & Doc hooked me up with bikes and support for a couple of classes ;D and it was a trip i will never forget ;D . From what i have observed ( not through personal experiece ) there is a small element of people who are happy to win with the rule book rather than on the track . I know you experienced that down south so it not just in Aussie , its just that they have a much bigger set of rules to choose from  ;)

DJ and me are keen to go to CD 6 and maybe a couple of other one off competitive events that are a bit more low key than the nats , the Connondale classic was a great event i found it to be a nice balance between the casual vibe of the CD events and the very regimented and some what different (to what where used to ) Nats.

The VMX report on the Tassie Nats looks like it was an absolute pearler though and iv'e already given myself an uppercut for missing what looked like a brilliant event  ::)

On my excursions to the west island i have always had a great time  :)Thanks again to all you blokes who have made us welcome on our trips over and gone out of their way to help :) I would recomend anyone from here to go over and experience VMX OZ style. You wont meet a better bunch of blokes and its cool to ride on different tracks with new faces . The racing in OZ is generally closer and taken more seriously and the difference between the top riders and the rest isn't as big as it is here.

Looking forward to the next trip Bill ;D

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:20:49 am by TM BILL »

worms

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:12:02 pm »
well said Bill, nice to know we hit the mark with our events, laidback is the right mood for VMX events though we have our nockers for it.

Cheers Trev (soon to be fishing) ;D

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 03:33:19 pm »
See you kiwis there.  Conondale saves me about 3000k's so I'm pretty happy ;) - it's still going to be 3000k round trip.  I reckon the NT boys will be stoked as well.  Raymond Terrace was going to be a long haul.  Barrabul (however you spell it) may have been 2 far  ::)  Maybe not.
Hopefully I will be bringing the 250, a 465 and if I get my finger out a 125.

I'll also be bringing my riding gear  ;D ;D ;D
Looking forward to having a crack at "Drunks Hill"  :o :o 
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 04:56:47 pm »
Yep Conondale track is the place for you Expat , awsome people awsome track A+ all round. Sound like classic dirt is the place for fun and riding etc. I would like to ride the Nats at least once to see what it is like , so next year I am planning to head to that.
 The Conondale calssic I did with Bill and DJ this year was both excellently run and really well attended. Better than s..x.
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Expat

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 05:39:37 pm »
Thats what I wanted to know     :).Certainly will be attending Cannondale then.......

Planning an adventure bike ride around Aus next year with a friend to tie in with a pit stop at a Cannondale event.

Me thinks a good trashing at the Nats is in order.....  ;D.