Author Topic: Aussie Sighting at the AHRMA Glen Helen National  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
Aussie Sighting at the AHRMA Glen Helen National
« on: September 27, 2008, 04:43:41 am »
Anyone recognize this guy?

The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Sighting at the AHRMA Glen Helen National
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:51:21 am »
It's Steve Woodford and he did great on my Can-Am MX-6!  I'll let him give you all the details when he get's back home.

He are some pics of the track:

Long, wide start!

Daytona style 5th gear first corner.

They don't seem as steep in the pics, but with corners at the bottom they were tough.

Great, well groomed soil.

Little hop jump back to the start straight.
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »
Awesome TRed Steve is a top bloke and it is good to see him living the dream with your help well done he would have been right at home coz his Can am is as good lookin as yours too . Nice bikes .Hilly.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Doc

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:54:28 pm »
what an utterly boring looking piece of real estate..and you call that a track!! :o looks more like utopia!!..wow!! cool track guys! 8)

squirtmoto

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 10:02:40 pm »
"Shit Man" I gotta get to Glen Helen one day!!  Wadda ya reckon Shoey, Magoose and Rusty 2009 sounds like the go!!  ;D

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 10:04:18 pm »
CD7 @ glen helen with a vmx win a trip competition!
well i can dream can't i?
 :D
"flat bickie"

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 07:02:09 am »
Photos do it no justice.. The place is a blow away when u walk it, The hills are so steep!
If only we had tracks like that you could ride during the week and weekends! The track is prepared spot on. 8)
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 02:49:49 pm »
You couldn't find a nicer guy than Steve Woodford and I'm glad I was able to have a bike for him to race! 

The offer of a race bike stands for anyone from Australia or New Zealand that might be travelling to the States for business or pleasure.  If your trip happens to coincide with an AHRMA event, that you can make it to, my buddies and I will have a bike for you to race.

I would love to have an exchange program of sorts someday.  Perhaps a few of you could come over together and ride one of our events and my buddies and I could travel to Oz someday and race with you guys!

:)  :)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 04:36:05 pm »
You couldn't find a nicer guy than Steve Woodford and I'm glad I was able to have a bike for him to race! 

The offer of a race bike stands for anyone from Australia or New Zealand that might be travelling to the States for business or pleasure.  If your trip happens to coincide with an AHRMA event, that you can make it to, my buddies and I will have a bike for you to race.

I would love to have an exchange program of sorts someday.  Perhaps a few of you could come over together and ride one of our events and my buddies and I could travel to Oz someday and race with you guys!

You got it buddy!, if you come to race in NSW I,ve got enough bikes to accomadate a whole bunch of ya's!... ;)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:27 pm »
...I would love to have an exchange program of sorts someday.  Perhaps a few of you could come over together and ride one of our events and my buddies and I could travel to Oz someday and race with you guys!
You're a good man T Red! What a top idea.
Have you considered the CD6 event at Connondale in Queensland next year?
That's about seven months away and autumn ('Fall' for you guys) is a nice time of year in Qld.
It's a part of Australia dripping with tourist value if you wish to stay for a few weeks.
Lot's of forum members, great MX track, bikes for miles - Australia Zoo (Crocodile Hunter) and sensational beaches are just down the road too.
Food for thought?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 04:23:01 pm »
The offer here in NZ for anyone to race is always open to visiting VMXers. Just let us know when you are coming over and we well organise a race meeting so you can have a ride. We should be able to supply a van, a few different bikes to ride, a golf course to ride them on  ;) plenty of beer to wash your throat and a live performance of "Roxanna" sung by our very own TMBill if you supply those green tube sucker things.  ;)
Other things you might want to bring, Riding gear and a good attitude and sense of humour, if this sounds like you, we are hiring now.....  ;D  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Expat

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 06:08:48 pm »
Call me up DJ if you need more loaner bikes...I can provide a big red one for T RED and perhaps yellow ones for those who like their red diluted.

firko

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 07:27:49 pm »
I recently had my friend Mike McCook from Pennsylvania here for a few days. He rode my Maico (until the clutch fried) and Kathleen Hutsons trick TS Suzuki at the Nepean pre '75 meet. He'll be back as Klub Kevlars guest, along with Siege from Seattle (the t shirt guy) for CD6 in June. In the past we've also had Californians Marsh Runyon and his cool Harley Davidson mxer and Mike Middleton and his Beeza Metisse as guests. We've also hosted Rob Happer, Chris Drake and some other Kiwis at various times over the last decade or so.The Kevlar invitation is open to any American, Kiwi or British forum members wanting to come here to race or ride. We've got a shitload of interesting bikes (and a few boring ones) at your disposal.
I've been to about six vintage motocross meetings in the USA over the last twenty years and have always been overwhelmed with offers of bikes to ride as have other Kevlars. I reckon these cross cultural exchanges need to be encouraged even more.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 04:39:43 pm »
Expat, I'll catch up with you at the 2nd round.

Do we need an Aust/NZ/SA/USA championship meeting to be held by each country every 2yrs ??

It would be a great way to meet other vmxers and get to see some other countries and could add more to vmx (internationally) 
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer