Author Topic: head to frame bracket  (Read 1939 times)

BONEHEAD

head to frame bracket
« on: September 23, 2008, 06:46:37 pm »
HEY GUYS , i was just over my mates place looking at his YZ 250 H and its looking real good as a racer , but its missing the head to frame bracket, we discussed it over a few beers and decided to put it out there, is it important to have it ? and if so whos got one?. ;)
CHEERS BONEHEAD
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:52:09 pm by BONEHEAD »

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: head to frame bracket
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:47:49 pm »
come on boney we want to hear the rest of the story mate  :P :P
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

BONEHEAD

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:54:33 pm »
HEY 250 H , good to hear from you , ive been missing in action , new job and all , hope to get out in the dirt soon , just have to check the calender.
CHEERS BONEHEAD ;D

mx250

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:03:52 pm »
Boney, it is exceptionally important that you have a stable head. I suggest you park the bike until your head is made stable ;D.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »
I thought you were MIA.  Good to have your wit and charm back here ;D ;D.  It has been a bit quiet lately ::).

I think I saw one of those on ebay us the other day.  Try searching " YZ250 NOS".  If you can't find it yell out and I will have another look.

Don't know how important it is.  I assume if Mr Yamaha put it there it is needed.  Shouldn't be too hard to come by.

How is your 125H coming along?.  I thought you were putting the finishing touches on ages ago - any pictures ???
Is your pro-form pipe on the 250G still making you happy.

A steady head is always good.  Actually, as I get older any head is good  ::)  
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:39:31 pm »
I dont run one on my 250G and I doubt if it will make any difference, it seems like it is there to stop the fins rattling more than anything else, none of the works bikes of that era ran them...

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:19:04 pm »
I dont run one on my 250G and I doubt if it will make any difference, it seems like it is there to stop the fins rattling more than anything else, none of the works bikes of that era ran them...

Interesting. The stay on my 250G used to loosen off all the time (due to a worn out bolt), and I could always tell that it was loose by the extra noise/vibration at idle. I figure that 28 years of metal fatigue means that I should give my frame every chance its got to last another 28 years.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 10:20:22 pm »
i may ahve one laying around just have to go through the shed
MUGEN power

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 10:28:19 pm »
Come on you blokes, it`s the Yamaha tuning fork thing?
Couple of CR`s

Offline facthunt

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 11:10:46 pm »
Leave it off. May save you a busted barrel.

BONEHEAD

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 06:47:24 am »
thanks guys , for those of you who have a spare one please let me know , yes my 125 h ,um slowed in progress due to my new job and my PRO FORM pipe and silencer is doing the job nicely on the 250 g its also had  a rebore and i havnt run it in , hoping to soon with my mate on his 250 h, we would like the bracket in question , i will try and post some pics of the 125 soon . CHEERS BONEHEAD.