Author Topic: one step forward, two back  (Read 7499 times)

one step forward, two back
« on: July 25, 2007, 09:30:35 AM »
i really thought i was doing an all round good thing to get me footpegs rewelded lower on the pivot to give me more cockpit room for my 6 foot one frame.  felt real good on the stand.  till i raced sunday at fairbairn.  my feet got hung up on the pivot point (now inch and a half higher than the pegs) every time i went over any rise or jump, meaning i immediately lost all confidence and backed off till found pegs again.  d'oh!!!  teach me to play with settings mid season..... now got to hack em off again and reweld as before.... 

hmmmm.....maybe try the 'more padding in seat to raise bum height' approach instead....yes!!!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: one step forward, two back
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:35:20 AM »
Would a set of plastic/sheet aluminium frame guards make a difference?
What about holding onto the bike tighter with your legs?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Re: one step forward, two back
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »
not too bad a suggestion nathan.  i did wonder whether there might it might work ok if i put in some sort of plakky or metal plate to slide the boot down to the peg, and will ponder that further.  i do like the height of the pegs themselves - make the stand up/sit down' shuffle that you do umpteen times a lap a lot easier.

btw, they've reworked them stutters nath - thank god.  they've smoothed out the tops of them, lot rounder than when you last traversed them, so no longer knife edge topped.  and turned two of them into one low tabletop.  so now, if you can get the speed up, you go double - double, then gap then jump onto little tabletop then onto straight.  the trick is getting the speed up out of the corner before...only like three metres to first stutter.  all the moderns just twist and do an easy double - double, but with our bikes, we really need to be revving with clutch up halfway thru the corner ready to dump as soon as poss.  i'm getting there with it....slowly.  at least its not dangerous anymore.

so you'll have to come race next round after crc, try it out.