Author Topic: QVMX AGM  (Read 4646 times)

Re: QVMX AGM
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 10:16:56 PM »
I cant make it unfortunately  :'(

STW996

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 06:37:23 AM »
Me to Brad, work,work, bloody work ??? ??? ???

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »
Just had AGM and 2 day practise.Great weekend,great track,great people.Thanks again to the committee for all their hard work over the last year.

worms

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 08:20:42 PM »
thanks shortshifter, but special thanks to Steve and Craig for their prep work to make the weekend happen, and as allways Marion and Kylie who run everything else, so roll on 2009.

Cheers Trev

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 02:49:05 AM »
Gosh some people have short memories, re the reference's to  " The Phamton President " for the two members that made the statement which seems to be in spite, here is how it was:

Connandale AGM, Harvey was appointed president, when calls came for vice president not one person stuck up there hand, after much humming and harring one guy stepped forward, Tony Brown, now as my memory serves me correct,he excepted with Harvey claiming that the position was only as a figure head and that he would have very little to do [ as it stood this guy had only been with the club for 3 weeks priour to this and just wanted to help]. As we all know Harvey resigned and the presidency was thrust upon Tony, which he took up with the promise of help from various people. For what ever reasons, whether conflict of personalities and work committments Tony decided to resign for the better of the club. Maybe people should find out the full facts, and others who know better shouldn't lower themselves for self gratification.
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

kdxman

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 02:00:42 PM »
Good morning graham

I think the reference to the "phantom presedent" , reflects not what you are stating, but to comments that tony made earlier, which has been removed from the web site.

He had commented that the new track being used, have not been voted on, and that meetings for the club had not been held.

Members have just pointed out, that meetings had been held and that the new track had been voted on at the last AGM 07, which we had given his apologies, not being able to attend.

cheers

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »
Sorry kdxman but you will find if you look at the 2007 agm minutes that it was not voted on as a RACE venue to replace Coles Creek as mentioned by someone else. I have the minutes of that meeting and it does not state anywhere that it was voted on to replace Coles Creek as a race venue. It was a proposed venue for a 2 day practice weekend to see what it was like. This practice weekend was held in early 2008.   I don't want another saga aired on this forum but I have had this rammed down my throat on this forum once too many times and I wont stand by and be rail roaded either..   we did have that weekend and i thouroughly enjoyed it . . now before you go punching into your keyboards  you should know that i love the track and would vote on it for a 2 day practice venue as it has a dam and a drive in and it makes the trip all the more worth it, and provides  a fantastic venue for famillies to enjoy a full entertaining weekend. I would be concerned about the numbers on a single 1 day race day however....so if you want it as a race venue then call a vote, as it has NOT been voted on. At the latest agm the president mentioned we had so many track options that we could almost ride on a different track every time, I recon we should try these out then vote and that way the club members have their say .
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:03:05 PM by TonyB »
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

worms

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
Gentlemen please let it go. i will say though everthing that is put forward is debated on prior to a vote and generaly those comments are not minuted, the facts are Coles Ck is under resumption order for stage 2 of the Traveston crossing which was why we found another track to bring on for the memmbers in the northern region, if you would like the owners contact to verify this please ring me, as to the vote on weather we race or its a practice day that is entirely up to your committee, or why bother having one if we have to have a full memmber vote on everthing.

i'm am really over this and just look forward to 2009.

Trev
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:14:25 PM by worms »