Author Topic: UPS shipping  (Read 1345 times)

UPS shipping
« on: September 29, 2008, 09:47:42 am »
This has been raised in the recent past but can't remember the shared wisdom on it.  Does UPS offer a low cost 'slow boat' shipping service to Australia or not?  ie, do i have any choice but to accept the US$43 shipping quote for my US$25 muffler if time isn't an issue???

i did once find my way to a UPS website page that seemed to say there was a slow boat service but can't find it now.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: UPS shipping
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:16:32 am »
Ask for USPS?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 02:05:28 pm »
No slow boat shipping from USA by USPS (United States Postal Service) now at all. Only "Air Frieght".   Don't know about UPS. If it is a complete muffler and header system $45 is about what you pay now unfortunately I have found.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:07:47 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:36:41 pm »
Dont even bother getting a ups quote, USPS seems alway to be cheaper, especially if you can get it in a flat rate box $37, and i believe there also is a smaller one to at about $25 ( if its just the tip )

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff