Author Topic: My Visit To Mr Good's house  (Read 1537 times)

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
My Visit To Mr Good's house
« on: August 27, 2008, 02:32:49 pm »
I had the extrodinary privilage of spending the evening the other night at Terry Good's in Chicago, It was one of the most thrilling nights of my life!!!, Drinking Beer with Terry in his basement surrounded by 4 of Hannah's OW's , works RC's everywhere, Joel roberts RH250, Hallmans YZ  just to mention a few,Talking of all the "Back in the day"stuff, It really blew me away and I am still realing from it days later,

I even got to sit on Hannah's 1979 OW40 which is "The Holy Grail" for me!

Terry has plans for a museum in the future so all can go and see them and he also spoke of plans for a lot of them to do a parade lap at mid ohio next year with all their respective former riders, what a site that would be to see.

I am just so pumped from having the privilage and the experience of being there, I just had to tell you guys...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:48:08 pm by E74 »

mainline

Re: My Visit To Mr Good's house
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:50:55 pm »
you bastard ;D

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 04:52:46 pm »
Shit hot, well done. so did you take lots of photo's of yourself  surrounded by Works bikes or was that off limits.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Maico31

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 10:04:31 pm »
So how the hell did you get to be at Terry Good's place checking out his awesome toys?

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:40:34 pm »
Good on ya! Terrys place would have to be the 'Graceland' of VMX.
I hope you invited him onto the Forum and the next Classic Dirt?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 06:44:07 pm »
Guys, Just awoke from jet lag land, I have been dealing with Terry for some years now, buying whatever I could from him for my semi-works YZ250F/G, Terry has always been great and to meet him was a blast, his enthusiasm for work bikes and "back in the day" stuff realy is second to none, I would have loved to have photograohed myself with Hannah's OW40 but I didnt ask as I know Terry makes money from photo's of his bikes and I was not going to intrude on that, I was tremendously honoured just to be there, He is very good freinds with Bob Hannah and most other guys from way back then, man! his collection is phenominal and when it all gets displayed in his museum it will be the history of US motocross in one single place.

Terry is aware of classic dirt and I have invited him to come one year and stay with us, I also told him  I would supply him a bike to ride, I'm sure that we will see him down here one of these days.

Maico31

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 07:08:31 pm »
Any chance of a photo of the bike you are building? I have always been interested to build a Hannah replica using either a F or G model.