Author Topic: Amazon  (Read 2996 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Amazon
« on: July 17, 2018, 05:55:55 pm »
  Any forum members from Australia purchased any tools from Amazon Australia or from Amazon USA?

Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Amazon
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:11:29 pm »
From Amazon US yes. But you can no longer purchase items from Amazon US, UK, Japan etc unless you have the items shipped to a non Australian address (a friend/family member in that country or a freight forwarder) because of the new July 1 GST rules and Amazon decided they did not want to collect GST for the AU government so just said stuff it wont allow shipping to AU addresses anymore. Amazon AU from what i have seen so far are just mega expenisive, the range is no where near as large as the overseas ones. Its just a watered down version.

You are very late to the party if you have only just thought of buying tools from Amazon USA now.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:13:32 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 06:55:22 pm »
  I have tried in the past but always got the same answer. (That item can not be shipped to Australia ) or something similar.

Zane

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:59:24 pm »
There are different sellers on Amazon. There is Amazon them selves and then there are many 3rd party/market place sellers on there too. The way it was before July 1 you can to find the item offered for sale by 'Amazon' as usually they shipped many things here but not all things. Somethings they were not allowed to ship here if there was some sort of distributor agreement or whatever that would only allow the item to be shipped within USA. Often there was many market place sellers selling the same item too but not all them would ship here because they could not be bothered to. Just like how many ebay ssellers wont ship here.

Now since July 1 nothing on the international Amazon sites will ship to an AU address. It does not matter if its from Amazon direct or from a market place seller. Amazon did not want to adjust their site to collect the GST and preferred to just tell Aussies to buy from our own Amazon AU store.

If you want to buy anything from overseas Amazon sites now, you will need to use a USA address., frieght forwarder or get an overseas friend/relative if you have one, to buy the item for you.

If in the past you always got the same 'can not ship to Australia' it just ment that the particular item could have had restriction son it where it could ship to or the sellers you were looking at buying it from just did not do international shipping. Generally Amazon used to ship anything here unless it was something prohibited like spray paint/aerosols or it was something region locked and only to be shipped within United states.

I used to buy a lot of stuff of Amazon US/UK/DE etc so this new rule has hurt me a bit.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:02:45 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:28:11 pm »
 Yes and that GST was mostly caused by that friggin winging arsehole harvey norman.  I won't ever spend another cent in any of the pricks stores, not that he would notice but I will.
   Zane

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 11:47:07 pm »
I agree with you there

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/17/18/29/amazon-prime-sale-day-possible-failure

This place has good brands. Amazon had  most of this stuff. I have not checked to see if they ship to AU though

https://www.kctoolco.com/

Amazon was convenient. Now you have to seek out  what you want from other smaller suppliers
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:17:31 am by LWC82PE »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 08:51:17 am »
Listening to news this will have a flow on effect to Amazon suppliers,they also are hurting now.
Awww well back to sorcing local.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 04:15:55 pm »
I'm with you Zane …...