Author Topic: NOS Harley  (Read 5592 times)

Tony T

Re: NOS Harley
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 10:00:11 am »
I see the bike has now been removed from eBay.
I reckon that's a bit rude to take bids from so many people then halfway though just pull it from sale.
Obviously got a good offer on it, but I reckon there should be a rule that once you have bids, it can't be removed.
I feel better now.............  :D

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 10:30:35 am »
The guy with the black Chev 454 ute with the Harley MX's is Darren  "ELVIS" Mayberry. He lives not far from me and from memory i am pretty sure he has a complete one and one in bits.  I drool like a teethin baby walkin into his shed.. Seein Jimmy Weinart's KX380 that Trevor Williams rode in OZ (Correct me if i am wrong on that.. the memory was strained a little to remember the details).. His Yamaha's.. His Maico's .. His original factory Mugen.. and the other 4000 bikes and cars he has crammed in his grouse shed! And he is a ripper bloke too..  8)
Maico's, the only way to go.

firko

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 10:49:30 am »
Now that you mention it it was Darren I spoke to at CD1 or 2. Magoo told me he's done the Elvis Shed Tour and that it is indeed amazing with everything from classic Caddys to OW Yamahas (and obviously orange Harleys). The Harley MX250 scene seems to be a bit overcrowded now so perhaps I'll look for something else :-\. Maybe an early ATK, I always liked the look of them. It'll be a shitload cheaper and help me gain a little pre 90 cred!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-88-ATK-250-Running-Parts-Bike-or-Restore_W0QQitemZ230273586835QQihZ013QQcategoryZ34284QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:21:12 am by firko »

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 11:50:13 am »
I have never see an ATK before.. They look different huh. Bit KTM'ish.  Is there any in Australia? Would be grouse to have one! I like the pre 90 class down here in VIC, its awsome to see the big bore 500's zippin around. Especially the 88  KX500 of Simon Healy's. Does the ATK run a Rotax engine, i just got a flashback of something i have read..
Maico's, the only way to go.

firko

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 03:42:30 pm »

This bike is listed on the Vintage Flat Track site http://www.vft.org/vftforsale2.html. Considering how rare and expensive these beauties are becoming, this is ground floor money.

Harley MX 250 project bike.    I have most of the parts. Motor needs work.
   Good over all condition tank, rims, tires, forks, frame, pipe,air box etc. Needs seat which you can still buy new. Located in S.C.

$2500.00 or best offer

Cell 1-803-707-6055

Aug 15

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 04:37:14 pm »
i'm amazed at the "Still buy seat new" considering it was a one model only or do they share parts with an "Ancillotti"  Rigatoni or whatever they are.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

firko

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2008, 11:37:44 pm »
There's a nice little piece in my old Readers Rides section of the current ADB on Maico31 and his Harley. Cool.
Now that both of the "problems" are gone at ADB we might have a slim hope of getting a bit of vintage back in there.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 06:20:10 am »
You mean it might be worth buying ADB again?

Love those old Harleys, dunno why. Maybe just because they were something from out of left field? A bit like the Canondales or whatever they were a few years back, it's a shame they didn't get those right and sell a swag of em.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 06:55:14 am »
ATK bought out Cannondale and sorted the bugs out of them. And sell swag loads of them. A few made it out to here and there was one for sale on ebay a month or two ago.