Author Topic: New Technology.  (Read 943 times)

mx250

New Technology.
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:38:30 pm »
There has been much lament about MX design stagnating. Can you imagine an MX'er with this tranny and the LED suspension.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/6132/

mx250

Re: New Technology.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 03:05:22 pm »
Can I pick a trend or can I pick a trend ;D.

http://www.gizmag.com/yamaha-developing-cvt-enduro-bike/9552/

Now all 'they' have to do is include the Cannondale/Kawa layout, the Revetech crank, with LED suspension, 2wd, the lightweight 85cc bike/MTB and then they have the ultimate Dirt Bike ;D

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:27:55 pm »
The ultimate. Unless you want to work on it in your shed [or heaven forbid on the side of the trail]. Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if a titanium exhaust will 'make it go fast and handle good'?
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:52:25 pm »
The ultimate. Unless you want to work on it in your shed [or heaven forbid on the side of the trail]. Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee,I've heard that for 40 years ;) :D. When I had my 'Fond of Whores' the old Pommy Riders would say "Ya will never be able to work on that on the side of the road".

And what was my standard answer, "Ya don't have to" ;D.

(Was probably the most modded, worked on and improved ;D, bike I ever owned, and guess what, it was a piece of cake to work on ;) :D. A joy; easy, satisfying and in typical Japanese fashion, everything worked the way it was meant to ;) 8)).

Although I must admit that I took a long hard look at the TPS, wires, leads, pipes and tubes on the carb of the WR250F with evil thought about 'Gee, I hope I don't drown it on a creek crossing' :-[.

But guess what, "Ya don't have to" ;D.

And I did work on the carb (change jets etc) and guess what it was a piece of cake to work on  ;D. Just the normal, pay attention (okay, a lot more attention - no beer and spander nights ;) ;D) and put everything back where it was , how it was ;) ;D. Too easy