Author Topic: CR250M tank for sale  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Adam

• Novice
    • View Profile
CR250M tank for sale
« on: July 10, 2017, 08:58:40 pm »
I bought this tank about 6 years ago, probably for what was overs at the time, but I thought I'd use it on a 2nd 250M resto that I was planning. The 2nd bike is now long gone but the tank remains. The tank on my other Elsie was restored and fits the standard of that bike, whereas this tank still has its original patina. I never met the previous owner (bought it through a 3rd party) so i don't know its history.

Tank appears to still have its original paint and has no rub marks on the underside, which I've always assumed meant it had never been on a bike. I can't guarantee it hasn't, but the 2 other Elsinore tanks I've owned have both had wear/rub marks on the underside from being mounted. I can't smell any fuel in it and in fact it smells a bit like wax or oil.

Tank has a very small dent on RH side in bottom rear corner which I presume could be removed by someone handier than me through the filler cap.  Tank also has some shelf rash 

I'm hoping to get north of $600 for it but open to any reasonable offers.  It cost me $750 in 2011. If I can't off load it here, I'll stick it on eBay in a weeks time and see how it goes there. Happy to post but have no idea what it would cost. Anyone genuinely interested in it are welcome to come and view it if possible. I'm in Murrumbeena in VIC.   See below pics  (I think if you double click on the pics you can get into my photo bucket page and see all the photos I have of it and the tank on my other Elsinore). Apologies for the dust, I should have washed it before I took the pics.

R/H side of tank showing small dent in bottom rear corner.

L/H side of the tank

Underside

Shots of some of the shelf rash

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/adam-40/IMG_7058.jpg[/img]

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: CR250M tank for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:09:20 pm »
adam
any chance of paying it off i have a 73/74 cr i am putting back to near original as i can my tank is a 1975 in real good nick as well
would sell that to help pay for yours
jim

Offline Adam

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:39:31 pm »
Thanks Jim,

I've got a possible offer on the table, subject to sorting out an agreeable price on postage to WA, but I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Adam

Offline Richo52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 01:12:26 am »
Adam its worth at least a grand mate,maybe more........have sold truckloads of elsinores here in WA ...don't sell it to cheap! regards Richo.
SOME BIKES AND CARS

Offline Adam

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 07:52:40 pm »
Thanks Richo, it's definitely proven to be pretty popular but I said I'd take $600 to the first bloke who contacted me and I'm a man of my word (but possibly stupid!!!). Actually I'm just happy for it to be going on someone's bike where it belongs.

This is my other tank which is a bit over restored

Offline Richo52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 12:18:43 pm »
As long as you are happy with the deal Adam that's what counts.Nice Elsinore by the way!
SOME BIKES AND CARS

Offline Adam

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:11:15 pm »
Thanks to all for the considerable interest in the tank. Tank has sold to Fixedit in WA for $600. Cheers