Author Topic: Competitive Vinduro?? Vic  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
Competitive Vinduro?? Vic
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:07:12 am »
I remember DMCC ran a pre 90 class in the club series sprints a couple years back. Does anyone know of any competitive club eVinduro this year??....in Vic :D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Vinduro?? Vic
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:45:28 am »
Bendigo club can run a pre 90 if enough bikes turn up. they had a competitive ride at Wedderburn a few years ago for pre 90 prior to the 8 hr

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »
Yes I remember, I went the first one.  ;)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 07:29:32 pm »
the issue for this is twofold...getting old pre80.. pre 90 bikes to be "enduro ready"..spares, parts conditions etc.. and then...finding old riders that want to "race"..this is the big issue. this one goes hand in hand with finding someone that wants to run an enduro.. as a class in a days racing with other classes (moderns) in pony xpress or straight race to the gate, you can get something together. a competitive Vinduro requires controls? sections etc that brings in a whole new regime of requirements. if you can tack on the back of another event, that can make it easier but it is still a serious bit of work...another thing to consider is a lot of the serious enduro riders  are still riding moderns in the masters class AORC

this is why Vinduro is popular with old blokes like me...;D..no pressure , don't need a new tyre, chain and sprockets are fine (slipping a little bit ::)) can stop any time you like for that prostate bladder...no pressure :o....and you can spend all day telling anyone who listens how fast you used to be ...(no evidence supplied... ::))

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 07:58:13 pm »
The vinduros at the last two masters games on the Gold Coast I've attended have been awesome. Plenty of riders (80ish), so there are more who want to race than one might think. N.S.W has a three round vinduro series which is also very well supported. Competitve vinduros exist and are alive & well, just not so here in Victoria.
K

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 08:02:14 pm »
Benidgo club run a 3 hour pony express last in June good fun event

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 08:36:45 pm »
hare and hounds events like Wedderburn which are just the "fastest man to the end" are around no doubt but in my mind ..Vinduro is a series of timed sections with controls and each rider has a minute: to arrive on.. very hard to re creates without massive club support.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 05:36:23 pm »
We run  non competive over here in the West with VinduroWA and the boys and girls love it.
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 08:16:36 pm »
a series of timed sections with controls and each rider has a minute: to arrive on.. very hard to re creates without massive club support

Yep, agreed. I don't even know if many clubs run modern events like this anymore. Given the relatively low interest that been shown in competitive vinduros in Victoria to date, I can't see 'massive support' being forthcoming.

Bendigo MCC has put on some good events, I competed at one of them and it was great fun, so I think that for now the best bet is to have appropriate classes added to events already being run.

Tex
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:44:30 pm by Tex »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 08:44:47 pm »
the main issue (good) with vic Vinduro is that most events are run under vicroads rules..no racing licence required etc which is great for attending 2 or 3 events for the year...