Author Topic: Suzuki PE Rego  (Read 7371 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki PE Rego
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »
Col, you will probably find it easier to get it on historic registration instead, through a club and bypass all that Regency crap. Then all it needs is  local police station ID check on the engine number to then make sure its not stolen and then its smooth sailing from there. The bike has to look pretty much all original/correct though (no  hot rods/specials), at least when the club rego officer takes a look at it. What you do to the bike after that is your responsibility though. you get 90 uses a year and need to fill out a log book before your ride and its a fair bit cheaper too. Once you have it on historic rego it then would not bee to hard to transfer to full rego if you wished.

Thanks Leith, I have a couple of bikes on Club / Historic rego already, but the anal nature of the scheme here in SA (vehicles having to be basically "as they left the factory") has always stopped me from putting the Husky on Historic rego, as there has always been the requirement to sign a Statutory Declaration stating the the vehicle complies with the Code of Practice, i.e. has not been modified from factory specs. There has also been the respect for the club I am in and especially the club registrar who know so very little about bikes, meaning that I could easily lie my was through a club inspection.

However, on the 1st July 2017, all of this will change, as the Conditional Registration Scheme in SA is changing. I am led to believe that the rather anal / pedantic originality requirements are being relaxed and period modifications will be allowed, and most importantly, the requirement for the Statutory Declaration stating the the vehicle in unmodified is being dropped. This will make my Husky, which has previously fallen outside of the scheme due to some of the modification which were done "in period" (I have owned it from new) but were not in keeping with the Code of Practice.
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki PE Rego
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 09:13:04 pm »
jesus...move to Victoria...clubs cheme is pretty cruzy