Author Topic: Harrisville TT (Tri Trak)  (Read 4851 times)

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Harrisville TT (Tri Trak)
« on: April 07, 2017, 01:27:58 pm »
Brisbane Motorcycle Club will be running the Harrisville TT or Tri track at our Harrisville track, west of Brisbane.The TT is a unique event that incorporates three significantly different motocross disciplines. This will be BMCC's inaugural running of this event and we look forward to making this a 'Must Do' meeting for riders from both near and far.

The Tri Trak name comes from the three separate tracks that will be used over the weekend of 29th and 30th of April 2017. The first round of heats will be conducted on a 900 metre long natural terrain Grass Track. There is no requirement for a 'trials' pattern tyre on our Grass Track and whatever approved tyre used at VMX event can be used for all three riding disciplines for this weekend. Three Grass Track races will be run for each entrant consisting of race splits based on Motorcycle Age, another based on Motorcycle Capacity and lastly based on Rider Age.

The next round of races will be held on a shortened, more traditional 'Scrambles' track of 1000 metres length. This new circuit dubbed the 'Club Track' will also provide another variation of splits. In this round, one series of races will be based on our usual  Motorcycle Age and Engine Capacity differences, followed by a second series of races based on Gradings and split to even groups of A Grade, B Grade, C Grade and if needed D Grade. Don't worry, the  handicappers have a fair idea of who sits where.

The weekend will culminate in the TT Championships which will be held on the Harrisville Grand Prix track. This track is a full 2000 metres long and the races are anything up to 20 minutes in duration and so they will be a true test of both rider endurance and their bikes reliability.

Prizes will be presented for most of the individual heats over the weekend and medals will be also awarded to those hardy souls who manage to receive the chequered flag in their  TT race.  All three track disciplines will support solo motorcycles and sidecars.

This event is regarded as the First Round of Ash's Spoked wheels Triple Crown of Vintage Motocross.

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Harrisville TT (Tri Trak)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 01:33:39 pm »
The poster....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:29:52 pm by PBMGold »

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »
The T Shirt

T Shirts are now on sale at $25 each. They can be paid for and collected over the weekend of the TT Races, although as they are limited edition we are asking people to advise the BMCC Secretary of quantity and size before the event so that they may avoid disappointment. Just email [email protected] . Shirts can be posted but there would be an additional cost.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:29:24 pm by PBMGold »

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:27:04 pm »
Hey I'm famous. Got my name on a T shirt

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »
Looking forward to it. Flights, accommodation etc all booked. Should be a great weekend. Big thanks to Super senior for sorting a loan bike.
K

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 12:23:14 pm »
...and I almost forgot...

The TRACKS

You may notice that all tracks use the same gate starts and also shares the same transponder loop at the finish. The slowest part will be moving the flaggies from one location to the next for the various tracks. We expect to complete the Grass Track and most, if not all the Club track events on Saturday so that the TT races on the Grand Prix circuit can be uninterrupted on Sunday.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:30:56 pm by PBMGold »

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 04:04:59 pm »
outstanding day - thank you to the organizers and all concerned with making this a great meeting.

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 04:13:36 pm »
and BTW
Talk of a pending Super Duper Senior class for the over 80's is a tad premature and while the 6 or 7 guys there in the SS Class (most in their late 70s...) make us all stand up take notice and hope that we are also able to make that class having a specific class for an over 80 group - I don't know. I can see it now; the start and the discarded Zimmer frames left for the pit crew to recover........

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:19:09 pm »
Another awesome BMCC event in paradise. Perfect weather (25/26 degrees), excellent tracks (all 3), great competition & a bunch of good friendly people. What I notice as a "Mexican" at these BMCC events is a distinct lack of any agro, angst or segregated "clicky" groups. Everyone is cool, calm, happy & all too ready to help where needed. Big thanks to Col Metcher (Super senior) & Miles Rowe for organising & providing a bike for me. Put it on your "to do" list for next year.
Big shout out to KTM47 for kindly punting me over a berm after making a pass on him, lol.
Cheers,
K

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 09:49:10 pm »
Does that make Kev a Level 4 berm punter?