Author Topic: kx 420 jetting to suit wiesco  (Read 2774 times)

lms6201

kx 420 jetting to suit wiesco
« on: October 13, 2007, 05:49:38 am »
hi , i need  someone with 420 experience , mine is an a2 (1981) and has been fitted with an la liner , question is the a1 has different jetting than the a2 , but i am thinking it would make a difference if the liner was set up for the a1 possibily , also the a2 has no idle set screw , so it shuts down hands off , has any one drilled and tapped one in to the slide way ? also kawasaki used special jets for this model , they have an r prefix , can they be converted over to conventional sizes ? if so does anybody have the correct sizes ?or is there a better carb to use ? flat slide perhaps,  also is it possible to replace the massive rear shock with a lighter one or does it need the beefy one for this type of linkage system  ?

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: kx 420 jetting to suit wiesco
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:56:47 pm »
http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/parts/Kawasaki/KX420(KX420A2)US/1981/279945

Does this help ? You can even get a whole new carby, but at mega $$$-jet are available, though as well. Run some of these #at a Kawi dealer in OZ.

James
Life is suddenly very Monaro

lms6201

Re: kx 420 jetting to suit wiesco
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 06:43:11 pm »
james thanks  but these special kx jets are nla  in oz, yep bike bandit may be the go but i still would like advise from somone who has played with a kx