Author Topic: KTM 300 EXC KYB Forks (NOT VMX)  (Read 1225 times)

Offline ShingoDingo

• Novice
    • View Profile
KTM 300 EXC KYB Forks (NOT VMX)
« on: March 14, 2017, 07:10:18 pm »
Hey all!

This is about a 1997 300 EXC I just picked up, so it's not VMX, but the people here seem to know what they're talking about as opposed to the modern bike forums, who seem to forget about the older bikes the second a new model come see out

My bike has aftermarket suspension, or at least aftermarket Forks. They're USD KYB forks, that are blue anodised (I think?). I can't find any information on them, only one misc post in another forum about 95 CR250 forks
I'm really after info on the forks as they need seals done, so I need to know what seals to get, and fork guards would be nice too

And the shock has a "Drag Specialties" logo on it, but they only seem to sell Harley twin shocks, so maybe the shock was set up by them?

Lastly, does anyone know if the 97 EXC 300 used the red, yellow and green springs in the power valve? Because if it does, I suspect that it's running the red spring judging by the power delivery

Just out seeking some information about this bike, picked it up relatively cheaply (as a swap for a project bike I did up as a holiday project, cost around 800)

Offline k2000x

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: KTM 300 EXC KYB Forks (NOT VMX)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:45:39 pm »
92 kx250 forks

Offline ShingoDingo

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: KTM 300 EXC KYB Forks (NOT VMX)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »
Cheers mate, that's a massive help