Author Topic: Brisbane: Yamaha XT550 project Paris Dakar or Eddy Hau  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Tomkah

• Novice
    • View Profile
Brisbane: Yamaha XT550 project Paris Dakar or Eddy Hau
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:17:19 pm »
You are buying an awesome project, with which you can take a number of avenues:

You will receive a modified XT550 frame and original engine with great compression. The frame is fitted with a YZ250 front end and an IT465 swing arm and shock.

The bike comes with 2x air boxes, 2x sets of side panels, a number of wheels, IT175 seat and new seat cover, 2x mufflers, 2x cdi, 2x loom, 2x carbies, extra IT250 front end and IT250 shock etc etc. You will need a trailer or big ute to transport all the boxes.

My plan was to build a replica of the 1982 XT550 which ran in the (REAL) Paris - Dakar race (see http://www.rallye-tenere.net/BgXT550.html)

Alternatively, you could build a replica of the XT550 enduro, piloted by German Enduro champion and Paris - Dakar pilot Eddy Hau. Google it!

The buyer has the option to purchase another XT600 engine as well as Yamaha IT plastics for the Paris - Dakar replica or Eddy Hau replica.

Too many bikes, not enough time and I need the room in the shed. I am happy to help with transport (for a fee) around the Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast area or can deliver to a freight company, which YOU arrange and AFTER full payment has been received.

$1550 ono

Please no silly offers. If you have any questions, send me a txt to O four O eight, 307 232 and I will call you back.

Made in Germany