Author Topic: Zero Motorcycle  (Read 2807 times)

Power Stand

Zero Motorcycle
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:44:06 pm »
Probably a repost but check this out. I think it needs cards on the spokes but it solves the noise problem, well with off road 4 strokes. I think these initiatives are great but as long as you use zero emission charging like solar etc.

Check out the vids.

www.zeromotorcycles.com

www.zeromotorcycles.com.au

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
Re: Zero Motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:25:20 am »
Hi Power Stand.  Looks interesting.  However,  I am waiting for my FX Bike Beta (see link)

oldmx

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 02:13:49 pm »
I was in the right place at the right time and scored a ride on the Zero MX.
The bike was light, quick turning, incorporates a great suspension package and has power similar to an XR250.   
It was however quite a different thing to ride, thrashing around the track being able to hear some chain noise, tyre noise and your own breathing!
No problem with back yard moto’s either.
 :o :o

mx250

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 02:54:30 pm »
I was in the right place at the right time and scored a ride on the Zero MX.
The bike was light, quick turning, incorporates a great suspension package and has power similar to an XR250.   
It was however quite a different thing to ride, thrashing around the track being able to hear some chain noise, tyre noise and your own breathing!
No problem with back yard moto’s either.
 :o :o
Yep. I believe they have a future, and not too far off ;).

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:52:27 am »
What'sthe run and more importantly recharge time? But the backyard motos sound like fun
Jesus only loves two strokes

mx250

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 12:04:18 pm »
and more importantly recharge time?
Two battaries ;) :).  (Probably half the value of the bike ::).)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 07:47:52 am »
and more importantly recharge time?
Two battaries ;) :).  (Probably half the value of the bike ::).)

I was just reading about the Toyota Prius, they expect5-6 years battery life and about $6000 for the battery pack. OH and there will also be the battery disposal fee, so you can really feel green. Like carbon tax and emissions tax on fuel, gets a little pricey pretending to save the planet.
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 11:02:17 am »
I'd reckon there's going to be a shitload of otherwise perfect Prius hulks sitting in wrecking yards once the batteries expire. You've gotta love planned obsolesence. I wonder how hard it'd be to fit a small block Chevy?
I had a little go on the electric bike on the MA stand at the Nats and kinda liked it and can see the beauty in the concep.t  I doubt however that the world is  ready for it quite yet.

lc4

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 11:31:58 am »
I'm not real keen on the concept, sort of like having a wank rather than real sex  :o

oldmx

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 12:53:22 pm »
The battery charge will last between 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on how hard the bike is ridden and takes about 2 hours recharge.
A replacement battery is expensive at around $4000.00!
Zero Motorcycles sent me the following information:
The battery on our X bikes will last 3-5 years before needing a replacement.
We have had our dirt bikes in the field for a couple of years now and there have been no problems.
Our motors will run when submerged so water does not really affect them. If you get small rocks into the motor that could be a problem but the motor's are protected from that with fenders.