Author Topic: Malcolm Smith plastic enduro/desert tank  (Read 2445 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Malcolm Smith plastic enduro/desert tank
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:22:44 pm »
I am trying to find one of these Malcolm Smith plastic enduro/desert style tanks. This is the Baja front mount and through bolt mounting holes at the front is the key identifying feature of this model.
Must be yellow colour and I am looking for a really good one that does not have really bad staining or any sort of dry rotting where the plastic looks crystallized or has spider web type cracks/crazing. A little white fading and some scratches are ok as they can most likely be sanded out. Ideally I would it would be good to find one that was used for 1 or 2 desert races and then taken off and hung up in the shed even better if a NOS one could be found but otherwise general good condition is what I am after.

I check ebay USA most days for these so I am aware of what is on there and I am just waiting for the right example to come along without the faults I am trying to avoid. I will pay a good price for the right one.

Missing cap or tap is ok

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:24:39 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline mickenno

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Malcolm Smith plastic enduro/desert tank
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:05:21 pm »
I have a white one if you can't find s yellow one.  Don't think it's ever seen fuel.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:26:54 am »
I have a near mint red one too.
But if it has to be yellow?
Hear is a very similar Yellow "Don Vesco" currently on US ebay with post to Oz
Click on pic for active Ebay link
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 12:46:52 pm »
The one Mickenno has was not the one i am after. His was the universal centermount model. At this stage i still want the yellow baja 4G MS one.

Would possibly consider a Vesco is its the big 4.2g one. That ebay one is smaller. Not in a huge rush, been looking/waiting for the one i am after for over a year so am prepared to keep looking/waiting for the right MS one to come along.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:53:04 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 10:37:19 am »

I have two long range tanks that I want to part with . I think the one on the left is an Open Road brand and the one on the right is a Malcolm Smith . Asking $100 for each tank and can bring them to the VMX Expo on 11th and 12th of March , if anyone is interested .