Author Topic: Honda XR/XL/CR parts  (Read 1433 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Honda XR/XL/CR parts
« on: December 10, 2016, 09:00:01 pm »
Got some Honda parts I need to get rid of. Nothing here is junk, I wont sell anything that I think should belong in the bin and is un-useable. .

82 XR500 triple clamps – no steel stem (stem is/was removable type) otherwise good parts. I bought these from a wrecker in 2001/02.

82 XL500 forks
– I am 99.99% sure they are XL forks. I guess there’s a slim chance they might be XR500 you may like to help me verify them if you are interested. They are 37mm I know that, and I do know a decent amount of history of them and I cant imagine that the old owner upgraded to XR forks. They were always on a modded XL500RC as far as I know so have always believed them to be 82 XL500 forks. I have always thought them to be 82 XL500. I have not looked at them for a few years but they were in use up til 2001 approx and were not leaking then. Have not  been in use since then and stored under cover. I was going to use them on a project. I am fairly confident they wont leak although i expect them to have a few marks around triple area and wont look 'mint' though. There was no rust on them last time i laid eyes on them. The fork caps do have ugly damage on the hex areas where the air valves go in though.

1994 XR600 frame side covers
. They are white. Purple panels have been painted black. Its been a while since I looked at them but they are tidy/respectable. Not crusty/powdery/brittle white, no sun damage/dry rotting/fading etc. I will need to inspect them more carefully if you are interested just to make sure, but I can tell you they came off a well looked after tidy bike that was not hard raced/thrashed.

Genuine DG fork caps for 37mm Honda forks
. Came off 78 CR250 forks. They do need some light attention to detail but it would be possible to get these looking very close to new condition. Have original DG logos stamped, but one is a little lighter stamped than the other. They are not totally butchered/un-restorable. I have got some other sets like that in my junk container  :) . If these were DG Suzuki fork caps there’s no way I would selling them and I would be cleaning them up for my own bikes  but since they are Honda caps, i have no use for them.

Tried selling this stuff before. Either my prices were way too high and i have no idea on current market value, or no one wants/need's this stuff or no one has money to spend?. As a buyer I dislike the whole ‘send me an offer’  thing but in this case as a seller that’s what I am gonna ask because I have not been able to sell this stuff previously at what I thought was rock bottom bargain  asking prices below what i paid i for the stuff. So I urge you to look at ebay/wreckers prices and make me a honest realistic offer that makes YOU feel like you are getting a good deal but gives me a little something. I really am not looking for much $ at all  so try not to worry about offending me i am not after stupid ebay over top prices for un-useasble junk. I normally do not charge for packing time or materials so what little I can get is just to make it worth while packing and posting the stuff on Saturday morning when i could otherwise be working on my own bikes. Bit of packing tape, searching around for boxes and packing materials etc which take up a bit of time, really to make it worth while. Priority is making space not making money. This stuff is taking up valuable space and is really starting to frustrate me honestly, and it would be good to see it go to someone else who can use it and at the same time feel like they got a bargain.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 09:17:27 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022