Author Topic: Pre 75 car question  (Read 3302 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Pre 75 car question
« on: December 12, 2016, 09:59:02 pm »
Im currently in the market for a second hand $10k single cab ute as a run around, been sussing out Hilux's mostly over the last few days...then this   http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dundowran/cars-vans-utes/1974-ford-falcon-ute/1132526188    came out of left field, always loved the shape of the fastback falcons, question is, Is it a $14k car ?
I know it's a how long is a peice of string question, I've tried to do some research but there doesn't seem to be any on the market in this condition.
Thoughts?

Offline Paulos

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 75 car question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:25 pm »
Seems a bit steep for a 6

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 07:26:08 am »
its not a std car not worth that much but on the other hand all cars that can be put on club rego are up there in price
jim

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:44:50 pm »
worth every cent if it is rust free. nice gs bonnet, paint looks good. justneed to see what its like..ie still tightish in the front end? not totally flogged out? if you buy it, you will not loose any money unless you knock it around. they hold their value well as the rest of them are rusting in someones yard "waiting to be done up".

you cans still get plenty of stuff for them. if its not the original motor upgrade it to a 302, niiice.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 06:32:17 pm »
I got mine fairly cheap was after one for ages but consider a crap one needing resto can still pull $5k hard to get one that doesn't have much rust in it the coupes have gone through the roof having the same front end and doors the utes will only go up I'd imagine.

They are easy to work on too drive that around on the six as long as you like then buy a 351 302 or hot 250 for it later or whatever you could use single rail toploader or T5 gearbox on whatever you put in it.

That car is on ebay atm too at $12k no reserve.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 10:02:23 pm »
spend 14k on a modern ute, drive it for 5 years, park it next to that falcon ute and see which one is worth more money

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 10:15:41 pm »
Its worth what someone will pay for it.  Its not a GS but it has a few GS bits of trim. It does look straight but as we all know pics lie and the sins of the past are easily covered with plastic mud.  It has rust in the sills  and it is at hervey bay so chances are it has rust in other places. as it stands i dont see it appreciating unless it was completely reburbed and atleast a 302 dropped into it so it rumbled along with all the goodie gear and thats going to cost beer money and more for a few years. But that said if you like those things go for it as you only live once and opportunity is the time factor.