Author Topic: What chain adjusters for DG swingarm?  (Read 2692 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
What chain adjusters for DG swingarm?
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:14:23 am »
Can anyone tell me what chain adjusters am i supposed to use on this DG swingarm? It's for 15mm axle so a 76 250A. The standard swingarm measures 10mm so the stock chain adjusters obviously don't fit the DG, but i have seen photos of other RM's with DG arms and they have what look like stock adjusters????. Are you supposed to stretch the stock ones out wider? I looked at the originals but i doubt it would be possible to do that. Maybe these swingarms came with adjusters supplied by DG? I have not seen evidence of that in any catalogues though. It has me puzzled. Later stock RM adjusters are 14mm wide so they are too wide. This swingarm was built in 76 maybe 77 at latest too.

Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What chain adjusters for DG swingarm?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 09:36:36 pm »
Had the same issue. Went down to the local wreckers and ratted through their boxes till I found a pair that fitted. I then filed out the holes to take the Suzuki axle supports, works like a treat.
But remember DG arms are miles off for alignment. You'll need to disregard the marks in the swing arm and align the sprocket with a strait edge or a laser aligner.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:37:43 pm »
Yeah i am aware of the inaccuracies as i have other Profabs with errors like shock mounts at different distances from the swingarm pivot. Looks like i will have to get some adjusters made then but it would have been good to know what you were actually ment to use with this swingarm. Maybe some of the RM ones they made 10mm thick to use the original adjusters and thats what i am seeing on the internet and just yours and mine are the thicker 12.70mm? I know the TT500 ones are thick too but then they have a machined recess on the outside to make them thinner and down to 8mm.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »
Same-Same with the DG arm on my 79 250 Elsinore on both counts, luckily the gen Honda adjusters stretched to fit in my case :) :) :), As Bahnzy says a good hunt around at the wreckers for a pair off something else ;), As for the misalignment WTF :o :( ??? >:( :-[, when I first installed the arm on my bike I set up both adjusters the same, stood back & checked the chain/wheel alignment, crooked as a dogs hind leg :'( :'( , Now I put two T bar handles in the holes of the axle & swingarm bolt & measure that way, They must have been on some good shite in the DG fab shop ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)(Farmed out I think from memory) :) 

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:21:09 pm »
They were all made by Profab so the blame lies with them. I have several others they made for White Brothers and Protec and they all have the same minor issues.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:29:07 pm by LWC82PE »

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 09:51:39 pm »
Maybe should have called em self "UNPROFAB" ;) ;) ;), I have a DG XR75 one too, not tried fitting it yet :-\

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:19:59 pm »
How about just silver soldering a 1.3mm thick washer on the inside of the later model wide adjuster Leith?