Author Topic: side stand switch issue dr 350  (Read 1679 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
side stand switch issue dr 350
« on: September 24, 2016, 05:35:30 pm »
so still having dramas with the switch. its not there, there is a bare 2 pin plug with brown and black /white wires coming from it. so in neutral...good spark. in gear nothing... disconnect the neutral switch nothing at all. bridge the plug nothing.

chased wires up to the speedo, cleaned wiring plugs etc. no luck. must be a break in the switch wire?

the interesting thing is that when you put it in gear and kick it over with the clutch in you get 1 good spark before it stops. beats me :o

the bike has no battery, just a large capacitor but it has run with this and the sidestand switch bridged for years

one thing I need to confirm is that the brown wire is the sidestand switch wire. I don't have a wiring diagram.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: side stand switch issue dr 350
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 06:17:05 pm »
ok so more shed time. in neutral, brown wire has power when kicking over. in gear...nothing. disconnect neutral wire gives nothing either in neutral or gear. it appears that putting the bike in gear earths the neutral wire and kills the power. its a single blue wire? how can this be grasshopper?... ign switch playing up...?
the right side kill switch is a bit dicky but I cant see how putting it in gear will cause that to short...
there was a stick and a large red back spider jammed in behind the neutral  switch but no visible damage. I might pull the switch off....oil will probably pour out. on we go.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:58:55 pm »
try joining the 2 side stand switch wires together to complete the circuit, u can use a paper clip on the s/stand switches plug to try the idea but pretty sure that's what I did many yrs ago

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 08:43:19 am »
that's called bridging. was my first port of call.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 02:16:51 pm »
ok, joined a powered wire to the neutral wire and fooled it into thinking it was still in neutral! take it for a spin shortly and see if I can sort the other issues called badly smoking, running sh*thouse under 5k and no idle....fun fun fun.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 10:51:39 am »
its a goer, carb is over fuelling and I suspect floats stuck or needle jammed. but electricals sorted