Author Topic: Goggles -what's your pick?  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
Goggles -what's your pick?
« on: August 14, 2008, 09:31:59 pm »
what's a good mid-range priced goggle where the lenses don't scratch too easily, has antifog and is glasses friendly.
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
Re: Goggles -what's your pick?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »
To be honest I think you'll have trouble fiiting those eyeballs into any of the current goggles. ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:41:52 pm »
there is a SCOTT brand and OAKLEY that make a glass's friendly goggle,hubby prefers the SCOTT  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:16:32 pm »
I've been using Oakley L Frames for the past 5 years. Great goggles, comfortable, glasses friendly, highly scratch resistant and reasonably priced. Brilliant value, get a pair you'll be happy you did.

Doc

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 12:34:20 am »
was only talking with Brent J about this a day or so ago. The conclusion was it's best to take your helmet and your glasses and try for a fit before you buy. Some goggles fit over the glasses okay but they don't fit the helmets properly and cause a poor seal around the face. Others touch the actual glasses which is another major no no. Also the most expensive is not always the best fit but whatever brand make sure replacement lenses are available before you buy. As for regular goggles I use Smith SME Moto Series ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:40:18 am by Doc »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 05:04:34 pm »
I like my Scott 89s. They must be about 10 years old now, but still work well.

The missus has Oakleys (I think they're called O-frames??? About $60 a pair), and they don't fit my face as well as the Scotts. But the new foam makes it obvious that my Scotts are getting on.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 05:34:32 pm »
For glasses i have been told that Pro Grip are the go.Im not sure if they have a specific goggle for glasses or they are just coke bottle friendly.

Maico31

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:22:55 pm »
I prefer the Scott 89's to the new shaped high voltage Scotts, they fit in my helmet much better. Just bought another couple of pairs before they stop making that model.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 07:33:23 pm »
Oakley Crowbar- I picked them because they dont let dust in, are very comfitable, fit in the helmet well, dont squeeze your nose so it feels like you have a blocked nose, have a small roost protector for you nose, different coloured lenses (blue for dust, yellow for contrast, dark grey for bright Brissie sunshine and clear for when you stuff up and everyone can see the whites of your eyes).
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Tony T

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 11:00:23 pm »
Totally personal preference, but Fox are the only goggles I've worn that haven't made it hard for me to breathe out of my obviously fat nose............  :D