Author Topic: magura duo 314 throttle  (Read 1700 times)

mainline

magura duo 314 throttle
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:01:02 pm »
Picked up one of these to use on the PE, but it has no adjuster, and the existing cable doesn't have enough free length to fit.

Do I try modifying the existing cable or start looking around for something that fits off the shelf?

Anyone else use on these throttles?

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: magura duo 314 throttle
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:48:47 pm »
aftermarket universal throttle cable to the rescue me reckons.
you'll more than likely need to cut it to length and solder one end on but it's nothing a pair of wire cutters and a gas BBQ can't fix.
or you can annoy the crap outta the parts guy looking for one that'll fit. could be fun though...
"flat bickie"

mainline

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:31:31 pm »
mmm... gas bbq?

if I'm not at Nudgee next week you're to blame.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:57:12 pm »
you'll have to wait till the following weekend to blame me cause i'll be in Thredbo next weekend.
"flat bickie"

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 08:32:19 am »
you'll have to wait till the following weekend to blame me cause i'll be in Thredbo next weekend.

sounds good Vandy , you Skiing or boarding? its like MX you vs the terrain. been a few years since i have been up the snow for a go as have young kids (and its all in my backyard as a Vicco) but i did do every season for nearly 20 years.  Have a great time.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 08:42:15 am »
thanks Hoony,
i used to get to the snow heaps but since migrating to QLD back in 93 i havn't been much, cept for 2 yrs ago. this trip i'll be taking my kids for thier first snow adventure, sending me broke i tell ya! but it'll be good as 3 of us single adult types are each taking our kids and wacking them into ski~school while we get to ski the slopes. i might give the board thing a go next time. never done the board but have a pretty decent grip on the ski's.
mainline,
you can cook a snag or two while soldering the end on the cable. if you've got concerns about playing with gas BBQ's, then have a cold beer at the ready just in case as it'll double for fire extinguisher and pain killer.
think smart! or even smarter and throw on a snag for the missus and she won't feel the need to nag you about working on bikes all the time.
 :D
"flat bickie"