Author Topic: Australian Post Classic Motocross Championship 2016  (Read 22492 times)

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Post Classic Motocross Championship 2016
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 10:52:19 PM »
Every Australian classic and Post Classic mx championships have been successful in my opinion, regardless of competitor numbers. Why????? Because it is a bringing together of enthusiastic like minded souls to who enjoy the camaraderie, atmosphere and there sheer joy that these old bikes give us. Let's try and find the reasons to support this sport instead of find ways to criticise. No malice intended in my comments, merely my observations. :)
Seems I wasted my time with this post. What does it matter who occupies the Key official roles so long as they are willing and able to perform their duties and are L4. Bigger things going on in the world guys. Get over it.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 12:09:28 AM »
 What does it matter who occupies the Key official roles so long as they are willing and able to perform their duties and are L4. Bigger things going on in the world guys. Get over it.[/quote]

Good call buddy  8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 06:47:25 PM »
I don't get it, when the championship split, we were told the Classic part was dead.  Yet they continue to thrive, through sheer enjoyment of the sport.  But the Post Classic which was going to be bigger and better has suffered from so much in fighting it's like a kindergarten out of control and to worry about who the steward is going to be is the old hold my breath stamp my feet syndrome.  The only thing I do know is those who raced in the classic champs and have post classic bikes will be there including Nick Fitzgerald from WA who sent three bikes over with his classic Bikes and left them there to race in this championship.  But once again all I've heard is people knocking what can be a great event.

Get off your arses and support your sport.  We do in WA and we have just as much politicing but not a very large kindergarten!!!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 12:29:24 PM »
 ;)
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 12:49:19 PM »
well said

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »
For anyone whose wellbeing depends on knowing who the Steward is, it is Lindsay Grainger. If more information is needed he is the retired General Manager of MQ, consultant to the MA Board, Level 4 of many years standing, the guy who stepped up when MQ saved the 2013 Classics.He is also an accomplished sailor currently sailng a Young 88 NZ designed 30 footer.If more information needed just ask. Clerk of Course is Christopher Walker who was instrumental in the successfull running of the recent Classics.We have a team which will ensure an enjoyable and successfull Post Classics.
For those concerned about the future of the Evolution class, there are 82 Evo bikes entered for the Post Classics and not a Tedmax in sight

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »
How are the 125's class's Col..get a good grid ??
love the zingers !!

GO the WEST AUSSIES
Best is in the West !!

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2016, 10:55:20 AM »
Yes the 125s are good fun. 17 in 125 Evo, 13 in Pre85 and 17 in Pre90
9 sidecars which is good to see.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »
Saturday's results on mylaps.com

Go the west aussie  8) 8) :D
Best is in the West !!

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »
Great event at a great track. Excellent weather and fantastic smiles everywhere. Thanks to BMCC for taking it on and doing a good job.

No helicopters necessary this event too???? A couple of ambulance trips were required with the injured parties on Saturday smiling the next day when seen at the track. Hope the young bloke who was hurt in the sidecars on Sunday recovers quickly.

Next event to get ready for is the Conondale Classic. Should be a ripper.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »
Young fella on Sunday was marshal shaw. They kept him in over night let him out today at 11 am he's ok with bit of concussion  and a ticked off wife. 
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 01:04:41 PM »
Young fella on Sunday was marshal shaw. They kept him in over night let him out today at 11 am he's ok with bit of concussion  and a ticked off wife.
You know Popeye that your crash was a big'en as well, watched you exit stage right at a reasonable level of difficulty also  :)
how you got on the next day I have no idea and then the best start Ive ever seen - only to have the race red flagged when Marshal decided to get off and lay down for a while....
Good to see so many chairs at the meeting - was a great site and sound to see fill grids of them.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »
Dropped into the Post Classic touring team & heard the Nat News.
Big shoutout to Popeye for his ongoing support of our West Aussies.Always a ride if your over this way Mr Cooper.
lovin the team work  8) 8)
Lets hoping its not too long till all these class's have good number.
Best is in the West !!