Author Topic: Toll warning  (Read 11529 times)

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Toll warning
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 11:11:14 am »
Plus the rego office hitting you up for new plates, paperwork and time changing plates, reporting to police. mate has been thru the same thing stolen the front plate off his car. pricks

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »
Woops misprint $471 fine.
Would still hurt.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 05:41:07 pm »
I tripped thru brassy a month or so ago and then tripped back a fortnite later. I get an invoice in the mail for the first trip (before I even get home) which I paid then  I get a series of "unpaid toll demands" $28 bucks each for the second trip which I haven't been invoiced for?? WTF. I rang up and complained and the indian gentleman just says" please can you put that on a card now?" bustuds.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 06:22:20 pm »
Last time I went up Brisbane way I elected to put the toll on my Citylink account which is an option on one of the tollways. I have an account which doesn't require me to have an etag, yet is a legitimate Citylink account, for which I get monthly invoices. The chaps up north say the system doesn't recognise my account as it doesn't have an etag to link it to, so kept sending me invoices (with late fees), to which I continually argued that they needed to charge my account as per the option on their paperwork. It seemed to fall on deaf ears & this went round & round for months on end. I still haven't paid as I refuse to pay the late fees because of their shit system. It's been quiet for some time now, maybe it's gone to the too hard basket.
K

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 06:34:00 pm »
yeas I received one in the post for a plate I own, they reckoned in the Sydney harbor tunnel.
Pissed off, I thought I don't have time for their mistake, better off just pay the a holes the few bucks.

Then I thought, if I do that? it amounts to an admission the vehicle was in Sydney, when indeed it was never there.
I wondered if someone had made up a false plate with my characters? If so? and I don't protest this, what's next?

Speeding fines or such using up my precious points?
So yes, got to go jump through the hoop, get in touch with them. Instructed to send a declaration in email >:( >:( >:(
Did it and politely asked for a re-read at the same time.

Received a letter not long after saying the original read was in error and this is the last I will hear of the matter.

Pain in the arse all of these time consuming procedures these days, but I think unfortunately we have no other choice. Modern world.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »
yeas I received one in the post for a plate I own, they reckoned in the Sydney harbor tunnel.
Pissed off, I thought I don't have time for their mistake, better off just pay the a holes the few bucks.

Then I thought, if I do that? it amounts to an admission the vehicle was in Sydney, when indeed it was never there.
I wondered if someone had made up a false plate with my characters? If so? and I don't protest this, what's next?

Speeding fines or such using up my precious points?
So yes, got to go jump through the hoop, get in touch with them. Instructed to send a declaration in email >:( >:( >:(
Did it and politely asked for a re-read at the same time.

Received a letter not long after saying the original read was in error and this is the last I will hear of the matter.

Pain in the arse all of these time consuming procedures these days, but I think unfortunately we have no other choice. Modern world.

Send them an invoice for your time addressing their false claim.
Then send them overdue account fees when they don't pay it.
Just for a laugh.

There is an avenue through the local courts to send them a notice when they don't pay , the bailiff then goes around and collects the money.
I once did it to a retired Detective.
He paid.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 07:34:56 pm »
Your right Mike, should be allowable.

It shits me, I had to spend a great deal of time last weekend fighting three ebay rip offs.
And hours on monday including travelling back to a major supermarket to prove and get back a hundred dollar over charge.

The four fiascoes ruined my plans and dreams for those days.

One of the four was a software licence I purchased on ebay just before bed time.
Woke to an Ebay email saying it was basically one of the hacked (compromised) accounts all this time later?
Telling me not to pay, but if I had to immediately contact my payment method for a claim.
Pay Pal, started weeks ago that one actually. had to go through the whole dispute process and wait for seller to respond etc. What a load of crap all the ambiguous email etc they sent me. finally sorted after aphone call to Pay pal.

The aggregate of days wasted= ? but got back several hundred dollars in total, that I would have lost if I did nothing.
Yeap we should be able to charge the pricks.

"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 08:16:31 pm »
so that's why your picture was in the post office K.... ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 09:16:04 pm »
I once got a red light camera fine for a car that had been pulled apart 2 years earlier. I queried it, and it turned out to be a typo: VIWxxx was typed in as VIExxx. They dropped the fine without question.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 11:09:28 pm »
(I wonder if a real time video is stored so it can be checked by human, I'd hope their contract requires they do)

IT DOESN'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Natroy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 08:56:18 pm »
I had a brand new Harley in '88, and for my birthday my in-laws paid for a private black and white plates for my bike. I ordered FX-88. Six weeks later I went to pick them up, and low and behold the plates read FY-88. They showed me a copy of their order form, and someone had used liquid paper to blank out the bottom right part of the X. They said if I wanted to get FX-88, I would have to pay another fee. Then I pulled out my copy of the order, NO FEE. But I had to wait 4 weeks for it. That was the NSW RTA.
A win for the little guy.