Author Topic: Few problem i got into this afternoon...need some advice  (Read 7653 times)

Offline 1983_Enduro_YAMI

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Few problem i got into this afternoon...need some advice
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 05:34:19 pm »
grab yourself a parts list diagram.

Lucky my dad bought one of these old edition 80's CLYMER IT manual. Got everything i need. Even the improvement of the performance that the new edition didn't say.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 05:49:18 pm »
then study it from cover to cover MANY TIMES especially the fuel section then youll know about the starting circuit of a mikuni carb and where it is ;)

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 08:09:37 pm »

The bike runs fine and crisp without choke. The problem is when i turn the choke on, It's revs the hell out of it. Like what the other people said up there..I properly have an air leak..Have to look into it with a can of WD40 and a spanner
[/quote]

am i missing something,or is everyone else?? ;), :P
wouldn't you just not use the choke ???
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »
Get something about the size of wire brush wire or something straight & high tensile so it won't bend easy & give it a poke. then go the other way from the feed into below that jet using something bigger like a drill bit. With the wire, be sure it's gone through the jet to dislodge whatever's in there & maybe follow it up with a squirt of crc with nozzle right into the jet from the top--like down the cavity side.

Oxy/Acet tip cleaners are good for this, lots of sizes, stronger than your average wire and 'barbed' for cleaning shit out of holes
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 1983_Enduro_YAMI

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 09:26:04 pm »

The bike runs fine and crisp without choke. The problem is when i turn the choke on, It's revs the hell out of it. Like what the other people said up there..I properly have an air leak..Have to look into it with a can of WD40 and a spanner

am i missing something,or is everyone else?? ;), :P
wouldn't you just not use the choke ???
[/quote]

How am i going to start a cold engine without choke?? -_-
If something is not right. I will look into it an fix it. Even though it's a 30+ years old bike. It's still a motorbike and it should run like a bike
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:29:00 pm by 1983_Enduro_YAMI »

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 10:50:03 pm »
You say 'i have been doing all this work' 'crank seals', was that done by the shop or by the owner. maybe the left crank seal has been misplaced or incorrectly fitted [which is unlikely & not easy to muck up--Soooo---, i'd guarantee the choke jet in the bowl is blocked therefor it just opens the air bleed--like opening the throttle a bit in effect.Jet's not easy to clean or even find for the unwary as is down a cavity that a long brass tube fits down. In the bottom of that hole is a minute jet. Get something about the size of wire brush wire or something straight & high tensile so it won't bend easy & give it a poke. then go the other way from the feed into below that jet using something bigger like a drill bit. With the wire, be sure it's gone through the jet to dislodge whatever's in there & maybe follow it up with a squirt of crc with nozzle right into the jet from the top--like down the cavity side. Sorry about the long winded essay but hope you get the idea. [hope i'm right too lol]. ps, doesn't take much to block that jet so unlikely to be related to the mechanics work but i now see you say the bike turned itself off & had to push it home--so maybe another problem or [has left crank seal come out--still very unlikely].

Thanks Mate, It was good. I'll give this a try. is it the little jet beside to the main jet??
Hi, 'no'--the little jet is the pilot jet [well think that's what you mean] no, the choke jet is 'not' removable & is down the bottom of a hole [thinking--] on the forward side of the bowl-inside the bowl. Have  look inside the carb with the bowl off & you'll see a small tube extending down. Follow where that goes when you put the bowl on & it's down a the bottom of that hole. Good luck--mind you if that's not blocked then i'm out of ideas tonight.

Offline 1983_Enduro_YAMI

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 06:40:50 am »
You say 'i have been doing all this work' 'crank seals', was that done by the shop or by the owner. maybe the left crank seal has been misplaced or incorrectly fitted [which is unlikely & not easy to muck up--Soooo---, i'd guarantee the choke jet in the bowl is blocked therefor it just opens the air bleed--like opening the throttle a bit in effect.Jet's not easy to clean or even find for the unwary as is down a cavity that a long brass tube fits down. In the bottom of that hole is a minute jet. Get something about the size of wire brush wire or something straight & high tensile so it won't bend easy & give it a poke. then go the other way from the feed into below that jet using something bigger like a drill bit. With the wire, be sure it's gone through the jet to dislodge whatever's in there & maybe follow it up with a squirt of crc with nozzle right into the jet from the top--like down the cavity side. Sorry about the long winded essay but hope you get the idea. [hope i'm right too lol]. ps, doesn't take much to block that jet so unlikely to be related to the mechanics work but i now see you say the bike turned itself off & had to push it home--so maybe another problem or [has left crank seal come out--still very unlikely].

Thanks Mate, It was good. I'll give this a try. is it the little jet beside to the main jet??
Hi, 'no'--the little jet is the pilot jet [well think that's what you mean] no, the choke jet is 'not' removable & is down the bottom of a hole [thinking--] on the forward side of the bowl-inside the bowl. Have  look inside the carb with the bowl off & you'll see a small tube extending down. Follow where that goes when you put the bowl on & it's down a the bottom of that hole. Good luck--mind you if that's not blocked then i'm out of ideas tonight.

Yep, I know where it is now. I find it straight away (got the carby next to the computer with me  :P )