Author Topic: TT500 fuel tap  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
TT500 fuel tap
« on: June 15, 2016, 05:41:15 PM »
The fuel tap on my '76 TT500C is leaking from around the on/off level. I have tried a couple of my spare fuel taps and they all leak as well. Obviously the rubber valve seat has hardened and nolonger seals. The parts book that I have does not list the valve seat as a seperate part and only lists a complete tap.

Does anyone know if the seat from any other Yamaha fuel tap will fit, or if there are any other sources for the valve seat?
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: TT500 fuel tap
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 06:07:47 PM »
I've had tts for 26 years and they all leak at times or all the time.
When mines been sitting for a while it drys out but after a while when its running it stops some times ?
But saying this I've had new ones leak does your head in after a while .
So I run a Yamaha one i got from Ebay second hand and they are great no
Leaks they are more smaller than the org Tt one but not sure what yz that are for , i say early yz.

But I have a brand new xl185 1979 fuel tap that fits the tt500 tank they work spot on to and they have a reserve on the tap  8) you can get after market ones on Ebay or brand new ones .
I would post photos of both fuel taps I'm running but can't load pics.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:14:19 PM by mick25 »

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 08:53:18 PM »
Slob
try soaking it in wd40 for a few days,the fish oil in that stuff might make the rubber swell abit taking up the gap, if not buy a new tap from a A/B or C model yz's. use an old can thats got no gas left in it

Offline PaulM1976

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
Just get either a rebuild kit or an entire new tap from Kedo Parts Aus - Mick from Valley Motorcycles in Raymond Terrace is the man.