Author Topic: Honda CR DG fork caps for 37mm forks  (Read 1354 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Honda CR DG fork caps for 37mm forks
« on: May 28, 2016, 06:22:30 pm »
I have decided to sell these DG air caps I don’t think I will ever use. They were from 78 Honda CR250 forks I think they will fit all 78-80 37mm CR forks. Might fit some XR forks too? These are genuine DG with the DG logos stamped on them, however the logos are not really deeply stamped  but that’s how they were from new.

The condition is good, they are not totally trashed but get them looking great again they will need some careful work. There are no really deep marks or bad damage, just lots of light/small/shallow marks that will be removable and you do not have to remove much material at all. There are no gouges mm’s deep. These will clean up with light sanding and gentle work with a file. The centre area of the top is free from damage, just the far out edge needs a little touch up to remove some light marks. Since theres a thread in the base you could mount these on a stud and spin them up in a drill mounted sideways in vise and go over them with scotch brite pad as well if you have not got a lathe. The threads are also fine. They accept a standard common 1/8 NPT air valve. I could spend over an hour on tiding these up and making them look great but I would rather just sell them like they are an let the buyer clean them up because I know some people can be picky and like to do things them selves.

I am looking to get $60 AUD which includes shipping for them which is less than what I paid for them and less than 2 sets of other DG caps I have bought in about equal condition.

I have not been able to get any photos on here yet, i will try to asap but i can email some to you.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Honda CR DG fork caps for 37mm forks
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:38:52 pm »
Sorry about crappy pics. Feel free to PM me an offer and/or request for more pics. Black mark on top of right cap is not deep at all.

Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022