Author Topic: New stanchion  (Read 1982 times)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
New stanchion
« on: May 26, 2016, 05:58:25 pm »
its about the one thing ive never done with a 185. yeah probably done exactly what you just thought of at least twice but luckily very pics available.
 But seriously Ive never installed new stanchions. Should be the same as TM125 i would think. I tracked down a pair of NOS ones that were cheaper than getting my mates freckles and spot rechromed but they are bare as i expected.  i dont have a spare pair of legs to play with only the ones currently installed and before i breakout the broomstick and the allen keys i was hoping for a bit of guidance/wisdom and handy hints on what to do re valving removal/install and or how to make those skinny things better. cheers.

cheers

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: New stanchion
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 07:35:48 pm »
Shane ...l have a very nice Ts 185 74 looking for a new home .

Offline pokey

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:44:47 pm »
OOOoooh stew.. Umm err um err. Ive come over all flustered. hahahaha
 see you on the hill in a week or so. you may have to bring the silver girl with you.Ive seen it and its quite tidy

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 03:49:03 am »
i fitted a trick kit fork kit to my ts185l back in the day and it worked well and gave me another inch of travel but youd be lucky to find one now.if your keeping all the std guts for the change over id poke a very long small dia rod threw the fork bottoms and into the damper rods after you have taken the allen head bolt out to keep all the washers etc in the order they were installed at the factory as theres alot more in there compered to a more modern fork internals

Offline pokey

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:40:10 am »
Cheers Matt