Author Topic: When you wish upon a star  (Read 1937 times)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
When you wish upon a star
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:15:17 am »
Just because the big Norton sent me over the bars three times before it fired. Just because the the worked kettle didn't like corners(actually despised them). Just because i bought a king scorpion as it was green and went like a shower of shit when i wanted a cota.  yes many a marque has crossed my gaze and if only i had snapped up or kept the bargain . Life is a  fickle mistress and still it goes on.

Ive had the chance to own a few bikes that actually meant something to me. My mates centurion we all thought at 15 yr olds to be just noisy but went well. i wish I knew where it was now. Getting your arm burnt every time you reached back and changed gears on the bantam equipped go kart tends to instill a certain masochistic pleasure in to the virginal rider.

a few bikes still linger in my memory for reasons that are memorable to me

ugly and expensive but went well 500 desmo ducati 500
H5 360 Montesa. MM mmm bitch of a thing to start
Can someone show me how to keep a bultaco exhaust nut in place? 72 matador.

damn that 750 triple and the 550 triple  went well in a straight line but dont ask the question of changing course. now Im all about an obscure underdeveloped trail bike

I wish I still had them all now but what bikes do you regret letting past

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: When you wish upon a star
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:30:53 am »
my 1985 last of the twin shox 240 WR husky .. bought new, raced, reached gold medal status ...sold while on a trip around aussie to raise a few bucks (1500 actually)... :(

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: When you wish upon a star
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 08:47:52 am »
My immaculate TY250D.
Blue alloy tank.

The only mod was Koni shocks.

I used to ride it to work some days. Speedo on the fork leg. No blinkers (hand signals were legal in the '70s, and "Grandfathered" as long as the bike was registered. (Argued with at least one policeman about that one.)

I sold it for $700 when I was out of work and my home loan was 18%.