Author Topic: Calder International MotocrossE (that's what the program said!)  (Read 4356 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
I was lucky enough to be there and saw the greats. Can't find photos on the Intraweb. Anybody on here got any? Cheers J

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Calder International MotocrossE (that's what the program said!)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:00:57 pm »
Looking for a photocopy of the Victorian pages of the program if you have one. Will cover any costs. I Was 14 and went to the Calder event but haven't got any photos but did collect some autographs.

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:51:38 am »
Sorry Rosco but I'm deeply ashamed to admit I threw away my program in a house move years ago before I had my mid life crisis and rediscovered the sport. All I have are memories of the day including:
Decoster popping a helmetless mono with blond promotional girl hanging on for dear life
Willi Bauer sitting idling and just stomping on the gear lever to kill the engine
Just how cool the Euros were
Stephen Cramer on an Ossa Stiletto and his little brother Grant leading a troupe of SL 70 riders around the place.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 10:52:17 pm »
Was 14 and spent a bit of time watching the bikes but more time chasing a bit of skirt about. (Keith Rhodes daughter) girls are just so far in front of adolescent males! Meet DeCoster, Bauer, Robert, Miller at Trevor Floods Golden Mile Motorcycles on the Friday. Amazing to watch the Worlds best race sl70s in the car park in between drinking beers. Don't think it would happen nowadays!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 07:40:20 pm »
a mate rode there he may have some super 8 silent film. he is away at present i can ask him when he gets back in 2 weeks.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 06:04:39 am »
Good one Hoony. Keep us posted. J

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:05:57 pm »
i will need a reminder J Man !

spoke to him last night when he was in Corryong, he confirms the Super 8 Footage and the year was 1972 so he was 8 riding a JT60 i think. i will try to get this footage and if its possible convert to DVD if its of value . your mission is to find out who was there on the day ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 09:03:09 pm »
De Coster, Robert, Aberg, Robertson, Weil and Bauer and the Aussies. Will that do? J

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 10:03:21 pm »
i will need a reminder J Man !

spoke to him last night when he was in Corryong, he confirms the Super 8 Footage and the year was 1972 so he was 8 riding a JT60 i think. i will try to get this footage and if its possible convert to DVD if its of value . your mission is to find out who was there on the day ?

Check this guy out, had some stuff done by him, cheap, good quality and easy to deal with.
$15 for a 50 foot reel (normal small reel), min charge $50 so try and find 3 reels to do.

http://tuskdesign.com.au/Tusk/Transfer_Services.html
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 04:51:19 am »
great thanks Geoff, how long ago did you use his services?
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 08:05:39 am »
Stuart did a reel for me at Xmas so I could see the quality which I found fine.
He has just done a few family lots in the last week which I haven't actually picked up yet, in amongst them are some super 8's that my wife took back in the 70's, 'Channel 0', Owen Park, Monza Park etc.
I was planning on learning some video editing software and then try and work out this Youtube thing during my convalescence but I ended up in here earlier than planned so may not get them in my grasp now for several weeks (prefer not to send them in the post)
He also has some higher resolution options if you wish but the standard resolution seemed fine to me, I think the higher resolution would come into it if you try to zoom in on some frames.
He also has discounts for large lots.

We bought some apparatus a decade ago to video from the projector but couldn't get rid of the flickering so gave up.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 08:17:57 pm »
many years ago (about 85) i went 3rds with 2 mates to buy a VHS Panasonic video camera with the recorder the type that slung over your shoulder in a pack, it was heavy and about $2,400 total cost a lot of bucks 30+ years ago. we took it to all the races as the 3 minute silent super 8 stuff we were doing was pus. lots of good footage and mucking around in the glory days (for me anyway).

a few years later we decided to put all the super 8 stuff on one reel and use the projector to shine on a white wall and use the video camera to capture this over a few beers. it started out just silent but as you probably guessed as the beers flowed on the commentary changed somewhat.

so good to have this old stuff to have even if its grainy by today's standards.
1986 Honda CR250RG