Author Topic: kdx power valve setup  (Read 1311 times)

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
kdx power valve setup
« on: May 05, 2016, 09:03:40 am »

I'm assembling my first P/V 200 engine from an '87 and I'm looking for some input if there was anything l should or shouldn't do in relation to the valves and rack. Its well and truly second hand so nothings tight but its not worn out either. Looking at the condition of the bike I'm surprised how serviceable it all is.
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: kdx power valve setup
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 11:28:31 am »

I'm assembling my first P/V 200 engine from an '87 and I'm looking for some input if there was anything l should or shouldn't do in relation to the valves and rack. Its well and truly second hand so nothings tight but its not worn out either. Looking at the condition of the bike I'm surprised how serviceable it all is.

Oh... And I'm reminded that I didn't reply to you earlier! Sorry!

They're as simple as they get, really. They're also far more durable than the KXes and 89-94 KDXes.

There should be dots in on the gears, but it's easy to align them manually. I find it easiest set them up so they're fully open (easily spotted by looking up the exhaust port and seeing when the auxiliary port is fully open), and then work backwards from there.

It's not unheard of for previous gronks to have swapped the valves L-to-R. You'll spot this because the aux ports are restricted by the wrong-shape cut out in the PV drum.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:31:32 am by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.